mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/06/09 11:03 AM Posted 08/06/09 11:03 AM hijust got my fg flick key cut for my BF mkII ive followed instructions from my manual to code the transmitter and it works fine. but I coded my key and after doing everything it said I didnt get any of the lock cycling it talked about but my car starts and runs (with the new key) I can drive around. when I turn the car off and go to start it again it dies after 1 second. exactly like it sez it would in the manual for using an uncoded key. this happens everytime I go through the key coding processam I missing something with the process?did anyone else have any problems?is it time for a visit to ford?thanks Pretty frustrating.cheers guys
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 21d Gender: Male Posted 08/06/09 07:49 PM Posted 08/06/09 07:49 PM I'm sure the instructions in the manual were for coding the remote fob, not the key itself.the keys have to be coded at a locksmith with the proper equipment or at a Ford dealer.I had a key cut & coded at Innerwest Security in Annandale for $160, this included the key, cutting and coding.I bought a remote fob from ebay for $50, and used the instructions in the manual to pair it up.At first I didn't get the cycling of the door locks but tried it again and it did, just like the manual describes.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/06/09 12:31 AM Posted 09/06/09 12:31 AM If you have two existing keys then you can code the key yourself, otherwise the dealer will have to do it.Keep in mind that you need to program both the key and the remote, even though it's now in one piece.
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/06/09 08:02 AM Author Posted 09/06/09 08:02 AM yeah mate I got the two keys have programed the remote no worries that works fine. I follow the instructions to program the key and all that crazy sh1t happens, their pretty simple directions I know that's why its so frustrating. if anyones got any ideas that would be awesome.but I think its gonna be a trip to ford.thanks tab and jono for the replies
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/06/09 08:24 AM Posted 09/06/09 08:24 AM Got me stuffed then, if you did exactly as it says then the door locks should cycle after you enter the third (new) key...The customer key teach mode allows the ownerlimited teach and delete key function. To entercustomer key teach mode, the owner must have twovalid keys that are already taught to the BEM. Insertone of the trained keys into the ignition lock and turnto the accessories position, turn to off and remove thekey. Within 5 seconds insert the second key and turnto the ignition on position. At this point the door locksshould cycle to indicate the teach mode has beenentered. To teach additional keys to the BEM, insertthe new key and turn to the ignition position, ifsuccessful the door lock cycling will indicate thenumber of keys taught. Once acknowledgment hasoccurred turn the key to off and insert the next key tobe taught. Up to additional 6 keys may be taught inthis way.Just make sure you follow it to the letter, first key turn to ACC, second and third keys turn to ONOtherwise then I guess it's off to the dealer
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/06/09 08:46 AM Author Posted 09/06/09 08:46 AM yeah man followed it to the T the only acception is my ignition barrel is marked I II & III im assuming I is acc and II is on.I tried that. and also II being acc and III being on aswell. this time I got a few lock cycles but still the same result with the car starting and shutting down after 1 second after 1st running for a while? if that gibberish made sense.off to ford for me wish me luck.thanks mate
BAman Member 133 Member For: 20y 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 10/06/09 01:47 PM Posted 10/06/09 01:47 PM If your in sydney, there's a locksmith in rockdale that can code the keys
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 11/06/09 01:17 PM Author Posted 11/06/09 01:17 PM aggghhh!! this thing is pissing me off to no end. now not only can I not get the new key to work its seems ive somehow erased all memory of my other keys. so I cant start my car AT ALL!! iv tried everything in the manual 100 times nothing is working for me. can the RAA help me?can Ford help me if I just take the keys in casue I cant drive my car to them?anyone help please
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/06/09 12:50 AM Posted 12/06/09 12:50 AM :ukliam3:I believe it has to be hooked up to a WDS, so they will need the car there. No idea if roadside assistance would carry around anything like that.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now