ba04xr6turbo Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 25/05/09 08:41 PM Posted 25/05/09 08:41 PM I was driving from bribie island the other week and I fueled at the bp (98 Octane) I gave it a bootful and it felt like it held back for a second then chugged and coughed backfired I backed off immediately and pulled over, it was running very very rough. I turned it off and back on and was still running rough. I revved engine and it seemed fine after like 1500rpm held it on 1500-2000 rpm for bout 10 seconds and came back to normal. Could it be injectors???? Im totally lost on this one. In neutral I can rev up to 5000-5500 RPM no worries. Can Anyone help??
wrecku Member 170 Member For: 17y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 25/05/09 09:24 PM Posted 25/05/09 09:24 PM could be dirty fuel, if you can siphon it out and fill it with different fuel maybe that could work?
ba04xr6turbo Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 25/05/09 10:20 PM Author Posted 25/05/09 10:20 PM bought new fuel filter yesterday will try totally draining it and putting new fuel in,if im lightfooted it seems to spool ok all the way to high revs but dont think it making much boost..... no guages as yet
jason426 Member 9 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Posted 31/05/09 10:46 AM Posted 31/05/09 10:46 AM hi I went to willowbank yesterday and put bp 98 and my car was missing and pinging down the 1/4 mile also had a surge in third gear so I know the fuel is the reason for pinging. I'm going to change fuel filter and put shell or mobile in it and see how it goes
ba04xr6turbo Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 20/08/09 08:35 PM Author Posted 20/08/09 08:35 PM ok. I've changed the fuel, filter, spark plugs, coil packs, had injectors serviced, fuel rail cleaned, checked cooler for leaks, lubed up the boost solanoid and STILL running badly. I MISS my car. PLEASE PLEASE if anyone can help.
ba04xr6turbo Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 20/08/09 08:37 PM Author Posted 20/08/09 08:37 PM Car is off the road untill I get this sorted! I dont know what im doing to my car driving it the way it is
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 20/08/09 08:54 PM Posted 20/08/09 08:54 PM maybe a U/S cat?
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/08/09 11:38 PM Posted 20/08/09 11:38 PM Standard or flashtuned?
jacob_xr6turbo Legacy Donating Member 433 Member For: 19y 23d Location: Richmond, Melbourne Posted 20/08/09 11:48 PM Posted 20/08/09 11:48 PM do you have a boost gauge? what does it read when you put the boot in?check your CAT and check your boost levels.
roadster Member 97 Member For: 17y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Werribee Posted 21/08/09 02:29 AM Posted 21/08/09 02:29 AM What about youre in tank fuel filter did you check that as well as the other fuel filter
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now