88xr6t Member 16 Member For: 17y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: Bunbury W.A Posted 18/03/09 12:30 PM Posted 18/03/09 12:30 PM G'day all.HDI Intercoolers, does anyone have this brand, or does anyone have some feedback on them?Or is there another resonably priced kit I should look at?OR... should I just get the PP tripod gauges haha? 1
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 18/03/09 01:33 PM Posted 18/03/09 01:33 PM Have a look through this section buddy... There are a couple of write ups of installs and peoples opinion on the kit!
TurbanXR Member 2 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Posted 20/03/09 01:55 PM Posted 20/03/09 01:55 PM Yeah I have been looking at these too. I could be wrong but I thought they might be Hybrid coolers, which they do a lot of jap cars. As for the size and power handling, my concern were is it big enough as all the other coolers are twice the height. My thoughts with effective coolers is getting the most amount of surface area with little to no blockage from flow. The reo bar is where I think the bigger coolers have to lack a bit in performance per cm as it looks like a third of the cooler is blocked completely by the bar. So back to the HDi cooler, the price seems a bit too good to be true but then again if it is hybrid then they are a big company that make alot of coolers for cars as apposed to the smaller companies make ford turbo only cores. The measurements of the core is much bigger than std and the thickness is like 100mm and almost all of the core is a useable place. Having a cooler that is sized correctly for your own power needs would be money well spent plus it would give the radiator a bit more space to do its thing too. I am no mechanic but if the std cooler is good for stage one type mods and power than why would you need to add like 400% more core for another 30-40% more power?hope this helps you a bit as I myself am looking at all the options out there too and not sure which way to go but I am looking at the HDi one at the moment.Cheers
88xr6t Member 16 Member For: 17y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: Bunbury W.A Posted 21/03/09 04:24 AM Author Posted 21/03/09 04:24 AM Thanks mate. Well that was my thoughts about the price to. is it 2 good to be true, or whether to man up and buy a rapids kit off of here.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 11d Location: adelaide Posted 12/05/09 10:25 AM Posted 12/05/09 10:25 AM is this the one? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HDI-INTERCOOLER-KIT...%3A1%7C294%3A50 anyone got the same as above?? dam cheap
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 13/05/09 04:27 AM Posted 13/05/09 04:27 AM that's My car on that add, I should getting royalties !!! mmmm That coooler works very well in my opinion, and it backs it up ! you cant go past it for the money!Although I actaully only have the cooler left, all piping is now custom, and has a PW cold air intake !Pete
hustla Member 23 Member For: 17y 7m 17d Posted 13/05/09 06:20 AM Posted 13/05/09 06:20 AM I ordered one of these coolers the other day on ebay, should have it soon... will let u know how it goes once its installed..
MYBAXRT Member 158 Member For: 17y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: nowra Posted 13/05/09 06:25 AM Posted 13/05/09 06:25 AM with this intercooler would you need to get the car retuned or does it have a simuler flow as the stock unit
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 13/05/09 09:01 AM Posted 13/05/09 09:01 AM (edited) Definately needs a tune as my car overboosted easily before the tune. Heres some pics of the kit on my car for reference. Edited 13/05/09 09:03 AM by Pube
clint-xrt Member 41 Member For: 17y 5m 5d Gender: Male Posted 13/05/09 09:08 AM Posted 13/05/09 09:08 AM Hello just wondering if the HDI hybrid intercoolers are good for power wise. The kits are on ebay for $600. Are they a high performance cooler?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now