Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m 1d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/09 02:34 PM Posted 03/05/09 02:34 PM (edited) Hi guys,Saw this item on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Falcon-FG-FPV-F6-TY...1742.m153.l1262Contacted the seller and asked if this would work fine in an FG XR6T - asked if the gauges would work, etc. He said that he's had no complaints about it from previous buyers, but I wanted to check with the forum.First thing I picked up is that the F6 cluster red lines at 6 and a half revs, other than the normal 5 and a half revs for 6T. So this is a bit of a visual issue.Second thing is that if it has gauges, and the standard 6T doesn't, does this mean some sort of wiring would need to be done from the dealer to install the others bits and pieces so it reads? Would they do this without a FPV VIN?What do you recon.. is it worth it, or should I be looking at some after market gauges? What suits the FG XR6T dash?Thanks! Edited 03/05/09 02:35 PM by Arkayne
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 03/05/09 03:55 PM Posted 03/05/09 03:55 PM What are the extra guages in the cluster? Whate guages do you want? Are you honestly watching your redline whilst belting it? FTG Auto Salvage are well known for their parts sales, so I'd be happy to take their advice on these products.
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m 1d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/09 04:39 PM Author Posted 03/05/09 04:39 PM (edited) The gauges on the FPV cluster are boost and oil temperature. I'm probably looking for more on the lines of boost and air/fuel ratio. Oil Temperature isn't as prioritised.Regarding the red line - yeah, I think it's something that I would look at. Plus, it's just something that you don't want to look visually wrong in an expensive car. It's like having a rip in the rear passenger seats, but not worrying about it because no one ever sits back there. You know it's there, and it looks bad.How did you find out the eBay item was from FTG Auto Salvage?Thanks for the reply! Edited 03/05/09 04:40 PM by Arkayne
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 03/05/09 05:11 PM Posted 03/05/09 05:11 PM you need to find a dealer whos game to fit it first.that will be your main problem.
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m 1d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/09 05:29 PM Author Posted 03/05/09 05:29 PM (edited) Yeah was one of my questions; they won't do it as part of a fit service right? I'm assuming you must know someone who knows someone that can do it for ya.. ha ha Edited 03/05/09 05:29 PM by Arkayne
wrecku Member 170 Member For: 17y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 04/05/09 12:30 AM Posted 04/05/09 12:30 AM I saw a few of these on ebay last week and though about getting one for the boost gauge. then I ran through the checklist I would need to get it all done and really couldn't weigh up the cost of the cluster itself + having someone install is properly. and come to think of it I like the look of the xr blue dash I have, goes with the other blue in the cabin.so basically I came to the conclusion that it would be a waste of time and money that could be spent better elsewhere on the car.
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m 1d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/09 01:16 AM Author Posted 04/05/09 01:16 AM Would you recommend any other sort of gauges for an FG falcon? Sort of looking at a few, but unaware if they'll fit properly in the dash.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 04/05/09 01:28 AM Posted 04/05/09 01:28 AM No gauges will fit anywhere in the FG without making a gauge pod first.Have a search around the interior section and you'll find some pics of the one I made for my car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now