Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ipswich, QLD
Posted

Hey guys,

Got my 20's sold, getting my stock 18's back (BF F6 mags) and need new rear tyres. Going to start cranking some more power out of my car soon, as I just sold my Hilux. I want to put Semi-Slicks on the back (future planning + wank factor) so what is the widest I can go? The car is lowered on King Super Super Lows. Looked at 245/40/18 for stock sizes, but would like a 265/35/18 or 265/40/18, or possibly bigger if I can (but I think 265 is pushing it on stock rims?)

Did a quick search, found some info but not heaps. Also, what brand for the Semis? Federals? I live in Brisbane if that helps with brands.

Cheers. Mitch!

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

To an extent mate, semi's will only do so much - depending on the power you get of course. My car fries Khumo V70A's in 1st and 2nd and its running 373rwkw. If you are going for around the 400 mark don't expect much traction at WOT...

To answer your question though I beleive the best you can get on stock rims are 255's - probably 35 profile if the car is lowered, but it will be a bit of trial and error as alot of tyres vary even though they quote the same Width and Profile.

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

im running 265's on my BA F6 18's with no probs.. cant remember the profile, either 35 or 40?

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
To an extent mate, semi's will only do so much - depending on the power you get of course. My car fries Khumo V70A's in 1st and 2nd and its running 373rwkw. If you are going for around the 400 mark don't expect much traction at WOT...

To answer your question though I beleive the best you can get on stock rims are 255's - probably 35 profile if the car is lowered, but it will be a bit of trial and error as alot of tyres vary even though they quote the same Width and Profile.

Do they keep breaking traction when warmed up mate?

My pirellis break traction first and second when cold, but after a few spins they bite... a bit sling shot like in 2nd, they spin then start to grip and you double your speed lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...