Newbie From South Africa

Kickazz

• Member For: 15y 29d

Yip buy the looks it sucks all over and there knowledge is limited as well. What is safe boost to run on stock internals and 95 pump fuel.

When fitting a boost gauge where will be the best to pick up a vacuum line, I was told as close as possible to the throttle body.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 20d

Mate gap your plugs first of all try .75 , get your car on a dyno and check you air/fuel ratio asap, you would want it around the 12's to 1 area,

If you continue having problems im sure if you email or call a reputable tuner here in OZ they can steer you in the right direction, all the tuners on this site have obtained awesome results with these engines over the last 5-6 years, these guys can organize a mail order type tune with the flash tune device ( not sure what you have over there) you mention CAPA , who used too distribute the ford flash tuner . what do you have there ?????? U mail the box which holds 3 tunes and the tunes will be loaded into it, provided you give a accurate list of mods injector type, exhuast , ect, ect, just keep away from a tuner located in castle hill sydney you might end up with a grenade, CV performane in taren point sydney is the way I would go, or you might even ask your tuner to talk to them direct !

in the mean time look around the site there is heaps of info on here !

good luck

Pete

Edited by stealthxr

• Member For: 15y 29d

Thanks alot bud. Car is still at Ford will tell them to gap plugs at 0.75. I am using the same unit as sold by CV Performance Flash Tuner 2 that allows me to do certain settings and upload mapping to the unit via email. Will drop them a mail and see what happens.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 7d

Welcome to the forum mate.

First up, fit a boost guage as the generic tune plus exhaust is over boosting and leaning out fuel mixtures... this causes detonation and huge heat in the combustion chanbers, which is why the plugs electrodes were burn off. Also shows how strong the motor is as early ford turbo 6s used to bend conrods from this kind of torture.

Always dyno it after any boost increase.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 16d

if your running 95 pull the generic tune out & wait til you get a custom because I think the tunes are designed 98. a lower octane fuel will/can cause them to detonate. I'd say between the fuel, incorrect gapping & with a generic tune your gonna have continuing problems. a custom tune should have you soughted.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 20y 11m 9d

Just read your posts and responses Kickazz, wondering how you went with your issues,

do Ford dealers sell the Terri as Factory, I wasnt aware we sold it anywhere outside AUS.

Hang in there.

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 6d

Hey we get the territory over in NZ! we aint part of AUS! LOL

Very cool how they get them in SA.