John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Posted 01/04/09 03:44 PM Posted 01/04/09 03:44 PM hey all, I got a stock xr6 ba 04 model turbz. I want it to sound alot deeper/meaner. I already have the center muffeler removed, im getting it tuned soon also, does anyone recommend a bigger cat? or maybe just a better flowing rear muffeler?TaJohn.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 01/04/09 04:01 PM Posted 01/04/09 04:01 PM If you're getting it tuned why not throw a bigger cat on first.They can then tune it to suit.
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/04/09 12:01 AM Posted 02/04/09 12:01 AM Mate,In all honesty to get another note, apart from what you have already done, you'll have to get a new exhaust.A cat-back will give you a better note and sound, but will offer little to no performance gains. A Full Turbo-Back system will give the best note and will offer huge performance gains by letting the car breathe better. You can pick the size of the system, the brand and the materials used to get differing notes.Do your mods before you tune mate, as each new mod will require a retune, making it a very costly excercise.If you go along to cruises and such, ask the boys what they have fitted as it will give you a much better idea of the exact sound each system will give you.All the best,Dan
John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Posted 04/04/09 02:23 AM Author Posted 04/04/09 02:23 AM can I just get like a beta flowing rear muffeler to make some more gurnt?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/04/09 02:34 AM Posted 04/04/09 02:34 AM More sound? Yes. More Power? No.As Dan said, if you want more performance you need a better exhaust, however the increase will only be very small. If you want more grunt, get a flash tune - best bang for your buck ever.
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 04/04/09 12:50 PM Posted 04/04/09 12:50 PM
John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Posted 20/04/09 04:22 PM Author Posted 20/04/09 04:22 PM I want a louder note likea xr8 without getting a hole brand new exhaust how is this achivebale?
bluute Cant wait to drive it Legacy Donating Member 884 Member For: 18y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Golden Bay,WA Posted 20/04/09 07:21 PM Posted 20/04/09 07:21 PM I want a louder note likea xr8 without getting a hole brand new exhaust how is this achivebale?Champ you have an xr 6 turbo not an xr 8 the two are never gonna sound the same if you ar after a "burble" you should consider "hot dogs" or "resonators" in place of your centre muffler instead if just straight through pipe and yes a better rear muff and cat will help that is a cheaper way of doing it but take it from experience I would get a decent full exhaust first time round I wish I did I will eventually but it will prob mean a re-tune and more $$$ I know its tempting mate but hang on that little while longer and put some more sheckles away and get the good gear first time you wont regrett itcheers scotty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now