In Need Of Opinions - Fg Xr6t Or.. ?

Arkayne

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 6d

about that

and trade is about 38500 - 40k, mods ill strip for the f6 if needed. 10k loss really

think dealers desperate to move cars hence high trade? or maybe low ks(7000)

Edited by djkice

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boost Addict

redbook not necessarily true... only a guide... like I said ive been and quoted on fg f6 past couple weeks, average between 38500-40

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d
High trade you reckon.

If someone is willing to sell you an F6 for $38-40k I bet they offer you pennies for your car.

Sorry for the Hijack Arkayne.

nah I think he means they'll give him 38-40k for his car on a 50-60k+ FG F6.. if theres an FG F6 out there for 38-40k im all over it like an STD on a hooker

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Get the F6.

IMO If you buy an FGT & mod it to look like an F6 you will end up with a worthless frankenstein of a car that has sucked the money out of you & no one wants to buy...

Performance wise, the FG has a smaller turbo which will limit you to low-low/mid 300rwkw power levels...

The F6 retained the bigger turbo from the BA/F & it has stronger engine internals than the BF as well, so it should be able to hold any power the stock turbo can throw at it - as the BF was able to in most cases...

:loser:

• Boost Addict

altough FG T Spools quicker and better down low...

I am really anctious to get a same powered fg t vs fg f6 and fg t vs same powered bf turbo just to see what results are.

• Member For: 16y 2m 4d

I have a FG XR6T, my brother has an F6, so I have picked them to pieces. IMO the F6 looks HOT!. But 20k more. That could buy a lot of boost gauges.

If you want looks F6.

If you want power FG XR6T. (spend the difference on mods)

Capa flash box, can pick up for around $300 to $400

Custom Tune. (depends on tuner) aprox $300

$600-$700... 300+ rwkw from stock FG XR6T,

Also as for rev limiter chime, Its better to change gears before it reaches the limit as your power in most cases will be bleeding off before you hit it. That should solve that problem.

Just my 20 cents...

Enjoy

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 23d

Not being a smart a$$, but where can you get a custom tune for any less than about $700??? :thumbsup:

And as Kael said, no-one wants a frankenstein car... It's still a T in essence... Even though it looks like an F6.

And just remember the FGT has the smaller turbo which I don't believe can handle the same power as the larger one...

• Member For: 15y 3m 26d

Thanks for all the replies.

Just want to make a few things clear as I seem to be heading in the wrong direction with the opinions regarding the 6T and F6..

I'm not in it to drag race it.

I'm looking for some street fun, and pretty much off-the-line speed. Not much into running it in a 1/4 mile - not my interest.

Furthermore, by the time I save another $20k to buy an F6, I could be in the market to buy the next falcon (if there is one). On top of this, the mention of buying the exterior body kit was just curiousity.. I'm still looking for the wankfactor parts, such as the shift alert and gauges, but other than that, I'll leave it as is in terms of FPV parts.

This car will last me awhile, and the maximum RWKW I'm thinking of is around the 300 mark, depending on the 0-100km/h speed. Speaking of this, any one ever judged a car this way? I called CV Performance and they were giving me 1/4 mile times, which mean jack sh*t to me.

On a further note about PHANTMXR6 reply with the prices & mods (which is what I'm looking for - any more information would be awesome), John from CV Performance told me that replacing the injectors would void warranty; is this true?

And does the XFORCE exhaust system come with extractors, or is that another cost I'm looking at?

What do you guys think it terms of RWKW will I get out of $7000?

Edited by Arkayne