CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 20/08/03 05:00 AM Posted 20/08/03 05:00 AM Has anyone had any experiences/experiments with those Blue tinted headlamp bulbs? I've heard people say they make a "brighter" light, but I'm just not sure if they're tossers or not!!
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/08/03 06:09 AM Posted 20/08/03 06:09 AM I used them om my BMW they didnt really do much other than look good and they didnt last long so I didnt bother with them anymore
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 6m 1d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 20/08/03 06:10 AM Posted 20/08/03 06:10 AM I had them on the Benz. They were just crap. I had the headlights upgraded to Xenon at the dealer (pity the Mercedes is gone now...sob.sob....though the Mustang makes up for it)
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 20/08/03 06:39 AM Posted 20/08/03 06:39 AM We use phillips crystal vision in our t they are slightly blue but the light is brighter and white for the same wattage as standard.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 14d Posted 20/08/03 07:50 AM Posted 20/08/03 07:50 AM Ive heard that the Phillips bulbs are very good, and that the new Hella ones are also good. Try not to buy those cheaper ones that Big W and Super Cheap auto sell, I find that the whiter they are they better, while the bluer they are the worse they are. You will also find the blue ones dont work aswell in rain or fog.
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 20/08/03 10:10 AM Posted 20/08/03 10:10 AM I was told the blue ones were illegal, and you can only use the white ones.I have opti whites on mine. They do make a big improvement from standard, but then again as with most XR owners know - the standard ones are pretty crappy.
Guest mossie Guests Posted 20/08/03 11:05 AM Posted 20/08/03 11:05 AM I don't think they would look too good with the red duco.
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 21/08/03 01:04 AM Author Posted 21/08/03 01:04 AM Thanks fo the feedback guys& gal. I've seen them on cars from the "dark side" which is why I thought they're for tossers. Good on ya Mossie & Dieseldan :alien:
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 21/08/03 10:46 AM Posted 21/08/03 10:46 AM I don't know if they are illegal, but I am pretty sure iv'e seen a couple of cars like Audi's etc, with them, I thought as standard. They tend to give the appearance that you have high beam on though, so you should make sure your headlights are adjusted spot on. :idea:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now