healey Member 51 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Posted 17/03/09 08:59 AM Posted 17/03/09 08:59 AM Removed the rear muffler on the FGT ute last week and replaced it with 2x2.5" straight thru pipes and 2x3.5" angle cut tips.Looks good, sounds good. Got a pic but am having trouble getting a vid or sound clip as it just sounds bad on my phone. I'll keep trying though. If you have a FGT ute and want some noise I def recommend it.
Ghosti NOT THERE!... THERE! Member 852 Member For: 18y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/09 10:17 AM Posted 17/03/09 10:17 AM Looks nice, bet it sounds even better.Are they really twin 3.5" tips though? They don't look that big.
healey Member 51 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Posted 17/03/09 12:08 PM Author Posted 17/03/09 12:08 PM Yep def 3.5" or 89mm is what I measured them at. Sounds mean at full throttle, I'll try and get a vid from in the car, get the exhaust and blowoff aswell.
rockafellqeinstien Member 325 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Posted 17/03/09 10:33 PM Posted 17/03/09 10:33 PM How the drone?On my fg xr6t ute I put a hotdog in place of the centre muffler and I get no drone but didn't think it sounded that loud (but a big improvement). however I head it as my neigbour borrowed it last night and I could hear it 1km away (in a vally).
healey Member 51 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Posted 18/03/09 02:41 AM Author Posted 18/03/09 02:41 AM Hardly any noise in the cab unless I really get under it. really loud outside though. I'm guessing the middle muffler is virtually straight through with just a one-into-two setup, for the size of the box it hardly stops any noise.
Brownsnakes Member 5 Member For: 17y 8m Posted 07/04/09 01:06 PM Posted 07/04/09 01:06 PM Hi,Just had the same thing done to my FG ute.Will try and post a video in th next coupled of days.Cheap way to get some sound.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 15/04/09 11:43 AM Posted 15/04/09 11:43 AM Any joy with sound clips yet?
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 15/04/09 11:48 AM Posted 15/04/09 11:48 AM They look great cut on the angle like that, well done.
healey Member 51 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Posted 17/04/09 08:53 AM Author Posted 17/04/09 08:53 AM Sorry guys, no joy with the sound clips yet. for some reason my n95 sounds sh*t in video mode.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now