PSIFRK Member 312 Member For: 19y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/02/09 04:23 AM Posted 15/02/09 04:23 AM I have a Bf MK1. I'm putting on a Rapid Hi flow V2, hi flow cat, 60lb injectors, walbro fuel pump and a custom tune. what else would I need just to keep it a safe and reliable car but still being able to drive hard?would my clutch hold up?cheers guys
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 22d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 15/02/09 04:33 AM Posted 15/02/09 04:33 AM you will definitely need a new clutch. Look at mal woods section
wiresquire Member 266 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Posted 15/02/09 05:54 AM Posted 15/02/09 05:54 AM (edited) Better brakes to stop it? Some suspension upgrades to help it go around corners? Edited 15/02/09 05:55 AM by wiresquire
PSIFRK Member 312 Member For: 19y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/02/09 06:01 AM Author Posted 15/02/09 06:01 AM yeah I'm a little concerned about my clutch, now I need to find the money for that too :( I'm looking at brakes now as a mate of mine owns a brake placce so I can get them as cost and it's lowered already.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 16/02/09 03:58 AM Posted 16/02/09 03:58 AM Depending on the month of the build for your vehicle, you may need to factor in valve springs...It is not a total must, but you may experience some valve float with the intake and exhaust your planning on using if you drive it hard.If you had a full exhaust and bigger intake, it might not be so much of a problem, eg - Im still running standard valve springs but I have a 4" exhaust and 4" intake so there is not too much pressure on the springs and touch wood I have not experienced any float as yet...Getting the springs done isnt really cheap either!
Guest Guests Posted 16/02/09 04:02 AM Posted 16/02/09 04:02 AM Clutch is a must at anything over stock torque figures...Speak to your tuner & tell him you want a safe tune with the mods you are getting. If you chase figures you'll just end up with an empty wallet & a broken car
PSIFRK Member 312 Member For: 19y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/02/09 04:19 AM Author Posted 16/02/09 04:19 AM I've been looking at valve spring as I have a dec 05 build :( but I know I guy selling valve spring out of a BF Mk2 typhoon so I might get them. but yea clutch might have to be on the cards, I heard the typhoon clutch is good for 400rwkw? not sure if that's true but might be a good way to go
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 16/02/09 02:16 PM Posted 16/02/09 02:16 PM If your gonna go through the trouble and pay for a set of valve springs to be installed, you may aswell get some Nizpro or Atomic items dude... Its gonna cost you between $400 and probably $800 to get them installed, so you may aswell spend the extra on the better units the first time, than having to do them in again in future...Its rare, but F6 springs have been known to play up.The F6 clutches (AP twin plate) are second to none to be honest dude... They will take 400rwkw if treated nicely!Would be an ideal option if you can get one in good condition for the right $$. Mal Woods also has a new single plate made to take 400, so might be worthwhile to look into it...
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Posted 16/02/09 02:26 PM Posted 16/02/09 02:26 PM ap clutch for sale in the for sale section of all places. worth a look perhaps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now