jonesy_87_ Member 37 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 01/02/09 03:38 AM Posted 01/02/09 03:38 AM Hey guys,I had my 19s swapped back to some stock BF Xr6. I swapped my rims for TCR's stock BF Xr rims.I went to drive today and I noticed my brake dust protector on all 4 wheels are bouncing around and making a racket.Can someone tell me whether there is meant to be a spacer between the rim and the brake dust protector? Or whether the brake dust protector is meant to be stuck to the axle, etc, etc.I think its a really simple fix but Im trying to get it done asap.Cheers
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 01/02/09 04:05 AM Posted 01/02/09 04:05 AM Im sure they should just go straight onto the wheel, as the brake dust thing is basically a spacer.Russ
jonesy_87_ Member 37 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 01/02/09 04:09 AM Author Posted 01/02/09 04:09 AM I thought so too but I can't remember how it used to be.The wheel is sitting on the axle as far as it will go on and its a set of BF Xr6 rims which came off a BF Xr6 and straight swapped onto mine.
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 01/02/09 04:19 AM Posted 01/02/09 04:19 AM the only way the brake dust shield could move was if your wheel was not on tight.
jonesy_87_ Member 37 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 01/02/09 04:22 AM Author Posted 01/02/09 04:22 AM the only way the brake dust shield could move was if your wheel was not on tight.that's wierd. I might go jack it up again. All the rims are on as far as they go and there is movement on all 4 brake dust shields.
jonesy_87_ Member 37 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 01/02/09 04:33 AM Author Posted 01/02/09 04:33 AM I just jacked the rear up and tried to wobble the rim. The rim is on tight - Its not budging. But the brakedust shield is still moving.I'm not sure if I have a rooted brakedust shield (on all 4 rims which seems unlikely) or whether there should be a small extension on the rim to hold it in.Hmmm
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 01/02/09 04:38 AM Posted 01/02/09 04:38 AM The dust shields could be on back to front
jonesy_87_ Member 37 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 01/02/09 04:43 AM Author Posted 01/02/09 04:43 AM The dust shields could be on back to front Yeah, that was the first thing I checked before.They are definately on the right way as they wern't actually removed at all when the rims when on.I might slowly drive the car down to Ford tomorrow to find out what it is.Arghh
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 01/02/09 04:44 AM Posted 01/02/09 04:44 AM hmmm that makes no sence, because the brake dust shield should be squashed between your hub and your wheel.. regardless
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 01/02/09 04:45 AM Posted 01/02/09 04:45 AM I think the only answer is to get rid of them and buy a set of 20's
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now