Christafari Member 5 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Posted 27/01/09 09:44 AM Posted 27/01/09 09:44 AM Hi Guys,I have experianced over roughly the last 4 months that sometimes my car will stall just after start up, for example. I turn it on, let it warm up for 2 - 3 minutes, I reverse out of work or home, drive about 20 meters down the road and the car cuts out. This just happended when I moved the car 20 minutes ago. I drove it up my drive way after reversing it off the grass (Warm up 2 Minutes) when I stopped it on the driveway it sat at 2,000RPM and then the engine stopped.It is a auto and the P symbol flashed with a sound 5 dings *I think it was 5* then the oil light came on and dinged again (Car had stalled already)If anyone has any ideas as to what this can be or has experianced this please any feedback is good feed back (Unless it is going to cost lots to fix)Thanks,Chris
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 27/01/09 12:57 PM Posted 27/01/09 12:57 PM Could be an issue with the TPS.Try holding the throttle flat to the floor and then cranking the car over as if to start it.This will reset the TPS.Give this a try and see how it goes.
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 27/01/09 01:03 PM Posted 27/01/09 01:03 PM Can you provide some info on the car? tuned/not? mods/not? which gearbox? which model?
Christafari Member 5 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Posted 29/01/09 03:10 AM Author Posted 29/01/09 03:10 AM Thanks for the Replies,Phantmxr6, I have tried the foot flat to the floor trick, is the car actually suppose to start? (I thought it wasn't poor car and the big rev at start up)Superdan,It is a BA MkII (2004), it has been tuned but has no other mods.It has the 4-Speed Auto in it, Fuel = BP Ultimate.My housemate did give me a idea, with the cooler thermostat the choke / auto-choke could still be on (Althought I doubt this is the case) Although, from memory when the issue happens the car is idling at the normal rev range.The feeling when the car does this and you brake is as if the gear doesn't want to dis-engage so obviously you have to use more brake. Does anyone know what the error codes are on this car from the beeps it gives?Thanks,Chris
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/01/09 03:21 AM Posted 29/01/09 03:21 AM Could be an issue with the TPS.Try holding the throttle flat to the floor and then cranking the car over as if to start it.This will reset the TPS.Give this a try and see how it goes.Holding the throttle flat put ths car into flood clear mod and reset the cam phasing not the TPS
Christafari Member 5 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Posted 29/01/09 03:23 AM Author Posted 29/01/09 03:23 AM Holding the throttle flat put ths car into flood clear mod and reset the cam phasing not the TPS Thanks, hiddeous. Little off topic now regarding the issue but, holding it flat is it suppose to start or not because mine did with a big rev.Thanks,Chris
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/01/09 03:36 AM Posted 29/01/09 03:36 AM It shouldnt start. Full throttle on cranking shut the fuel off to the engine. Make sure your floof mat isnt preventing full throttle
sixappeal Small Member™ Legacy Donating Member 2,015 Member For: 18y 7m 29d Gender: Female Location: Perrrf. WA. Aus. ™ Posted 29/01/09 03:49 AM Posted 29/01/09 03:49 AM Doesn't that symbol mean it's to hot. I think your house mate might be right Chris. Putting your foot flat isn't going to fix a problem though
Christafari Member 5 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Posted 29/01/09 03:56 AM Author Posted 29/01/09 03:56 AM Doesn't that symbol mean it's to hot. I think your house mate might be right Chris. Putting your foot flat isn't going to fix a problem thoughThanks, Sixapeal.Well, the cars temp gauge is usually 1/2 way to 1/4 before I move it. So the engine isn't overheating or anything.I haven't really looked to much lately into the car because of work but, if that symbol is a overheat symbol. It could be a dodgey thermo sensor of some sort?Thanks,Chris
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 29/01/09 02:10 PM Posted 29/01/09 02:10 PM Got me stumped honestly Chris, but thought I'd bump it so it's on the top of the list
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now