Coley Member 110 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich Posted 24/01/09 12:42 AM Posted 24/01/09 12:42 AM Just went to change a tyre so I can get the other repaired and have discovered the winch is stuffed. It is an 06 model ute and I have never used the winch before so maybe it's siezed. When u wind it just makes a clunking noise and doesn't move. It has come down about 5cm but now won't move. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Coley Member 110 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich Posted 24/01/09 12:55 AM Author Posted 24/01/09 12:55 AM Lucky I wasn't on the side of the road with a flat. I would be pissed at ford. Hopefully if there isn't another way of getting it down I can book it in for ford to fix it. Would it be covered under warranty if I have done engine mods etc? Or does doing mods void warranty on the whole car
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/01/09 01:00 AM Posted 24/01/09 01:00 AM It should be covered under warranty, unless they attribute it to wear and tear.To be honest I have NFI how you could get it off other than cutting the cable or removing the cable from the plate that feeds through the rim. I had one get stuck on me on the BA, but it was after I had winched it down and couldn't get the f*cker back up.
Guest Spinifex Guests Posted 24/01/09 02:26 AM Posted 24/01/09 02:26 AM I`d get it into Ford, but.. Its not got crud in it? a big old spray of cricket p!ss ( WD40) wouldn`t help?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/01/09 02:29 AM Posted 24/01/09 02:29 AM Pull the tub liner, Unbolt the winch from the chassis cross member and dumped the whole shebang on the deck. In pretty sure the plate and be removed from the cable once there is slack in the cable. Once out and on the deck you will be able to get it apart.Stupid question but the handle isn't slipping in the drive? The handle and extension are slipping on each other?
Coley Member 110 Member For: 18y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich Posted 24/01/09 07:09 AM Author Posted 24/01/09 07:09 AM Finally got it off at last. I got someone to pull on the tyre while I wound it and it moved just enough to get the tyre off. Unbolted the winch from underneath and by the look of the winch its stuffed. Dunno if the guy I bought the car off broke it or what but here is a pic of it. Hoping to get one from a wreckers maybe.Also not sure about tyre sizes that are on it. The tyres on it at the moment are 245/40 R18 93W and the spare is a speed restricted (80km/h) 235/45 R17 93W. I'd say I can drive with it on it since its the factory spare and the wheels are the standard rims. Anyone know if its ok to drive with the spare on it? It wont stuff the alignment etc?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/01/09 08:36 AM Posted 24/01/09 08:36 AM Just take it easy and you should be right.That's the reason behind the big-arse orange sticker, that wheel can certainly go faster than that but because it's different to the rest is where there's an issue.Good to see you got it off without pulling the tub liner out - that'd be a massive pain in the arse.
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 24/01/09 09:41 AM Posted 24/01/09 09:41 AM those standard tyres are usually on the base models anyway and ive seen them go faster than 80kays,,,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now