ORSMXRT Member 167 Member For: 18y 9m 20d Posted 15/01/09 10:39 AM Posted 15/01/09 10:39 AM Just finishing installing the HID kit from the group buy.Very easy to install, I did take my bar of to do it to make it a bit easier but I've taken it of so many times I can do it in about 5 mins, and I didn't want to rip my hands apart.Anyway, whats the correct way to adjust the headlights. If I'm leaning over the front of the car is it clockwise or anti-clockwise?Thanks guysJoel
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/01/09 11:29 AM Posted 15/01/09 11:29 AM it depends if you want them to go up or down! Best way is to go out on a dark empty road or up against a wall with no other light, then you can play with the adjustment and get it right. Just remember that your passenger side beam should be higher than the drivers side so it lights up the side of the road
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 15/01/09 11:58 AM Posted 15/01/09 11:58 AM if you have gyprockwall in your garage just do it against the that, with the door down
ORSMXRT Member 167 Member For: 18y 9m 20d Posted 15/01/09 10:11 PM Author Posted 15/01/09 10:11 PM I need to go down, is that clockwise or anti- clockwise.Thanks for the tip on the passanger side.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/01/09 10:19 PM Posted 15/01/09 10:19 PM I can't really remember mate, just give it a go, you'll know if you are doing it the wrong way after half a turn
ORSMXRT Member 167 Member For: 18y 9m 20d Posted 15/01/09 11:06 PM Author Posted 15/01/09 11:06 PM I'll try tonight. By the way, I don't need that replacement globe, it worked with my old ones.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/01/09 11:21 PM Posted 15/01/09 11:21 PM OK, cool - post some pics when you get it all done
NYT-SKY Member 155 Member For: 17y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/01/09 02:59 AM Posted 16/01/09 02:59 AM Once you adjust the headlights in your garage then take it out on a flat road.Then you can judge if your headlights are going to blind anyone.When we adjusted Pats we got the level facing a wall then adjusted them both on the road.
ORSMXRT Member 167 Member For: 18y 9m 20d Posted 16/01/09 10:22 AM Author Posted 16/01/09 10:22 AM I just adjusted them then and they need to turn towards the outside of the car. Haven't tried them on the road yet, the crickets getting good.I'll take some pics soon, but they look great. Couldn't imaging going any brighter than the 4300k.
robbo T Member 27 Member For: 18y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: tassie Posted 24/01/09 04:58 AM Posted 24/01/09 04:58 AM any pics of the lights>?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now