Coilpack Question

turbo.vixen

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 17d
Mate is the misfire consistently and easily repeatable? If so, buy ONE coilpack off EBay and play swapsies until you find the offender. If you dont find one, you have a new coilpack to add to the other 5 you will have to buy one day ;) 10 seconds to change a pack with the lid off

this is what I did to.$44 for a coil from repco and after 5 swap and drives,problem solved.the car used to run ok at light throttle and then drop the cylinder higher up in the rev range.had to put the pipes and sh*t back on for each test,yeah, pita but only spent $44.

Edited by bluprinturbo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 9d
umm no, cuz u probily wudnt be able to properly confirm with pack it is, without test driving, y dont u leave the cover off?

yeh covers no dramas, just the stock piping's gonna be a pain. Fair enough though, just gotta do it!

EDIT: on second thoughts, if the cars idling now and popping, then if I swap them out one by one until the popping stops... problem solvered right??

Edited by Superdan

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 6d

ok so I bought 6 new coil packs, spark plugs and fuel filter and nothing has changed arrrggghhhh. iv booked into see my mechanic on monday to fix it cuz I give up lol, might be a leaking manifold?

• Lifetime Members

woohoo :clap: its all fixed, I had a dirty map sensor and metal fillings on the crank angle sensor which was throwing everything out of time. all cleaned, all fixed and running perfect. boost comes on nicely, no more popping, no more rough idle and now the power is alot stronger. so to everyone that has tried everything like me (plugs, coils, fuel filter, clean t/b, boost solenoid) have a look at your map and crank angle sensors :roflmbo:

• Member For: 18y 9m 10d

Just did my coil packs! DOH problem still there. Will do plugs now (they are only 30k old though)

Where's the MAP sensor located on the manifold, did you have to check both CAS?

Car still made 330rwkw on Sat (it was 41degC) very weird, little missing.

• Lifetime Members

the map sensor is under the t/body, and the c/a sensor was on the intake side of motor