nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 02/04/09 05:46 AM Posted 02/04/09 05:46 AM seeing as the G6E T and XR6T have the same motor and driveline, do they perform pretty much identically?? I dont see why they wouldnt but a dude at ford before reckons the G6E is quicker??
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 02/04/09 06:38 AM Posted 02/04/09 06:38 AM Its a little heavier and doesn't have an LSD, but maybe the slightly softer suspension will help weight transfer. But either way they should be line ball.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 02/04/09 12:23 PM Posted 02/04/09 12:23 PM ^ that's what I was thinking... after driving both though it feels like the porkier luxo is a bit quicker?? strange.. maybe its the weight transfer cause damn does that bonnet lift!
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 6d Gender: Not Telling Posted 02/04/09 12:41 PM Posted 02/04/09 12:41 PM Yeah Wheelsmag consistantly ran better times in the G6ET when they tested the FG range...Dosen't mean you're getting out of a slappin nangman
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/04/09 10:34 PM Posted 02/04/09 10:34 PM Definitely seems that way Nang in any that I test drove. One particular knowledgeable salesman was crapping on about it being more aggressive TC/DSC. But they still make plenty of noise with the go pedal flat so his story sounds like poo
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 03/04/09 02:19 AM Posted 03/04/09 02:19 AM oh yeh they defo make plenty of noise and 'sleeper' is the exact term for one of these beasts.. I would love to take the mrs's old man whose a copper for a lap, then just bury the boot in haha.. I'd prolly be cuffed on the bonnet before I knew it
SilverG6ET Member 60 Member For: 17y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 03/04/09 10:05 AM Posted 03/04/09 10:05 AM Has he been in it yet???? Get him in it (don't worry, we'll visit ya in jail)
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 04/04/09 12:32 AM Posted 04/04/09 12:32 AM haha nah I havent bought a new car yet.. he will love it though, hes a normal car loving copper not a 'nazi 5kph over and your toast' type copper.. so it will be more than likely him burying the boot in haha... just like he did when I picked up my F6 when brand new haha
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 3d Posted 14/05/09 01:58 AM Posted 14/05/09 01:58 AM Has anyone seen any comparitive figures between a G6ET running on 98 Premium versus 91 unleaded.I know for the purists you would never consider running on 91 RON but Ford do state that it will run on 91 RON.BUT in saying that they do their performance figures running 98 RON.Just wondering what the loos of KWs would be on 91 RON.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/05/09 05:53 AM Posted 14/05/09 05:53 AM Can't see them intentionally testing it with 91. I've had to use it on one occasion and the economy and performance was absolute crap, although I can't give you specifics as it wasn't a full tank. It could have just been due to the fact it was from a dodgy servo in the middle of f*cking nowhere that probably only cycles through it's fuel stock once every 12 months
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now