Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

The pedal is a potentiometer (or something like that) that has been known to fail as well, but it apparently has a couple of fail-safes in it so I assume it would either work or it wouldn't...not intermittently play-up?!? :brightidea:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE QLD
Posted

I'm thinkin I have the same problem as Diduflutter, as I got all the major works done like air/fuel filters, plugs and oil etc done all in one hit. And then it started to happen.

Im excited now, doing the coils tomorrow. I just hope they have them in stock. Will report back asap with good news....or bad news.

but also as angry trev mentioned about a sensor, where is the cam sensor located? and any others I should check?

att: matte,

the wiring was done to the back of the cig lighter, and I traced the wire from the air/fuel guage to the wiring leading to the ecu/pcm not directly to it. (piggybacked)

The pedal box was checked and the failsafes register a error code to the computer, which has not happened. Hopfully not the source of my problems.

I didnt add any lub/grease to the coils/spark plugs. A smart idea when io replace the coils tomorrow though.

NOTE:- the air and fuel guage always plays around, weird to explain. I might put a vid up. It jumps back and forth from rich to lean. And only sumtimes makes any sence. Personally I hate the damn thing but sumthing I will look into asap.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 1d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

ok sounds like the wiring wasn't as severe an issue as I thought in my head..

the air fuel should be a bit unstable if its accurate - though efi is more precise, we run a lambda sensor in the race car but it has a digital numeric reading. the only time the reading matters is under heavy load.at idle it's very unlikely it'll blow a gasket.

See how you go with new coils, and keep us updated.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
but also as angry trev mentioned about a sensor, where is the cam sensor located? and any others I should check?

on the turbo side near the heater hoses there's a plug that plugs into the head. these wires run across the back of the head into the loom near were the bov sits.

the wires have a plastic cover so you have to unplug the sensor and pull the plastic back and have a look at the wires. dont be fooled by the plastic cover being ok the wires inside are only thin mine had got that hot they melted and had to be soldered in 4 places.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE QLD
Posted

Did as angrytrev said. Found that the wiring goin to the cam sensor. The wiring has been chopped and rejoined in 2 locations. Very bad rewiring, I re-did it and since then no issues......Hopfully all fixed :beerchug: still goin to do the coils but gonna wait a little to see if that was the problem.

If good, Thanks to all for your help

  • 2 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 21d
Posted

Hey

I am having the exact same problem. Did your rewiring fix the problem or was it something else?

I have checked my wiring on both cam sensors and they are both fine, there are no shorts.

Any ideas anyone?

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 6d
Posted

I'll be trying that tomow, did you idle search go away after car was hot?

Mine is fine cold, after a couple of minutes it starts doing it, after 20 minutes its gone and car idles properly again.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m
Posted

I am having the smae problem!.

With the flash tune and with stock tune.

I will have to check these wires.

Anyone have the stalling problem and not be the wires?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: newcastle
Posted

Hey guys just letting you know that I have had this problen for a long time, checked the wiring and sure enough burnt out all the way back into the main harness, after hours of getting into the loom and re-wiring it back through to the sensor its sweet. So a big thankyou to all involved posting the resolution to this problem.

Will be passing this on to many other XR6T ownrs I know.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: newcastle
Posted
Hey

I am having the exact same problem. Did your rewiring fix the problem or was it something else?

I have checked my wiring on both cam sensors and they are both fine, there are no shorts.

Any ideas anyone?

Hey Tomodan86 are you checking the cam sensors at the drivers side rear of the motor or the sensors your the front of the rocker cover under the garnish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...