John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Posted 06/12/08 07:03 AM Posted 06/12/08 07:03 AM Thought I would save a few bucks and service my T tomaz, wondering if I should do anything besides...*coolant change*oil change*oil filter change*fuel filter change*check brake fluids etc, if there low change them?? lol, how far is low?And what oil should I use?Just hit 82,000 k's 2004 BA xr6tCheers all.
scar Legacy Donating Member 177 Member For: 19y 1m 29d Posted 06/12/08 08:33 AM Posted 06/12/08 08:33 AM Remove heat shields and check all manifold and turbo bolts, maybe plan on the diff oil too.
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/12/08 09:50 AM Posted 06/12/08 09:50 AM ya do the diff as well. I use Nulon 80w140. You dont need the additive with the Nulon.Use penrite for the engine, sin10/15 or hp15Dont bother going cheap on the fuel filter eg ryco, go and get the motorcraft one.Maybe plugs and air filter to.
John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Posted 08/12/08 11:05 PM Author Posted 08/12/08 11:05 PM how do I check diff oil? were is it located? cheers guys, anything else I should be looking at?And alsoly, I plan on getting a tune in 2-3months so should I get the .8mm wrx plugs now, or when I up the boost? cheersJohn.
kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 08/12/08 11:34 PM Posted 08/12/08 11:34 PM get the 8mm wrx irridium plugs now cos if you get a tune in 3 months you'll be throwing away the non irridium plugs in 3 months then, plus irridiums last for 100,000kms.diff oil is in the diff, I havent done it on falcon before but dump oil from lower plug, fill from plug half way up rear diff housing and its full once it starts dripping out of that fill hole.yer like davidald said, NEVER go ryco filters, I have SEEN the insides of a 10,000km old oil filter fall apart on the insides before on mates EF, so same goes for fuel filter also of course, good luck!
John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Posted 09/12/08 09:30 AM Author Posted 09/12/08 09:30 AM so lift up the rear end of my car with my hulk muscels and take of lower nut to get oil out, then put nut back on and take out upper nut and fill in there???ill do coolant to, a mate told me in hes gay ass commo he owns (lol) to do something which I forgot about when doin coolant or u can get air bubblez or some sh*t in ya engine???Cheers John.
Chich Damn You's A Sexy Chich Member 3,843 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Your House Posted 09/12/08 09:33 AM Posted 09/12/08 09:33 AM that's why he drives a commy...
John- Member 87 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Posted 09/12/08 11:08 PM Author Posted 09/12/08 11:08 PM so I take the air bubbles sh*t is not true? just drain and refill?Cheers boiz :D
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 10/12/08 12:34 PM Posted 10/12/08 12:34 PM You dont need to check if the diff is low, just fill it as said above. However be aware its a bugger to fill cause there is no room in there to tilt a bottle. You can use a section of fuel hose or similar and hold the bottle up in the rear wheel well so it runs down and in or buy a cheap scavanger pump.Also, be aware if you jack the car to do it in your drive then when the diff has the right amount of oil it might not come out the filler hole as an indicator.Use the right amount as per the handbook. Read the handbook carefully as there are two amounts for LSD's, you obviously want the xr6t one.
Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/12/08 08:58 PM Posted 10/12/08 08:58 PM Some coolant systems, like the systems on some commy's, need to be bled so you don't get air bubbles in the cooling system, however the falcons don't need this to be done. You can just drain and refill. the only thing you have to do with these cars ins make sure you put your heater on flat out when you start the car otherwise you will get air bubbles in the HVAC (heater) unit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now