TUR-BO6 There's a thin line between a wild time and a flat line. Member 146 Member For: 17y 8m 30d Gender: Male Location: Vic Nsw border. Posted 10/02/10 12:09 PM Posted 10/02/10 12:09 PM Very eloquent phrase. it really is good fun , and not that hard to use .my girlfriend ...not calling women poor drivers but as an example can drive it easily.we actually recently drove it to queensland from the vic boarder sharing the entire trip .her xr6t is stock at the moment with my bottomless ait filter box and k&n filter for a little induction noise for the mean time. but in terms of this topic its quite funny to look back over it and think in terms of my car ...t/c doesnt work anymore ...it rather hates my decision to change the diff and in turn hates the diff subsequently.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 03/03/10 02:31 AM Posted 03/03/10 02:31 AM ^perfect example of over using emoticons....TC is turned off when I am driving spirited and happy to have a bit of slip. Its always on when just cruising. why? WOT applications aren't very often when cruising and I'd rather have the DCS on when cruising or when my wife is driving. It could save her one day. Otherwise the thing will spin 1st 2nd and 3rd in the wet without trying to hard... besides, I reckon the axletramp will do more damage than the TC cut power every now and then.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 03/03/10 05:01 AM Posted 03/03/10 05:01 AM Wasn't there somthin about " the death of the super car " on this site not so long ago. Do you wonder why ?There are race tracks and roads. And the two should never meet. If you spend any time at the track you soon learn that you don't need to be a boy racer on the road. It's out of your system. I see a dick head peel out and I think just that, "dick head" I see an F6 cruise by and I think "so kewl". I have spent the last ten years teaching adv. driving and riding. If the general population only knew how bad a driver they really are.Seems it's always the little wanker that picks the fights at the pub too.Ps not talking about doing twenty over the speed limit. But if your TC is off then your pushing it.
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 09/03/10 02:29 PM Posted 09/03/10 02:29 PM I've been driving for near on 30 years and in a former life a highway copper driving V8s at rediculous speeds. I too have taught advanced and defensive driving. I know how to handle a car and although the TC on these cars is not THAT advanced and I find myself fighting it sometime, I would never consider turning it off.However, I got my car back from my tuner today and to make it change better, he gave me a tune with TC on and one with it off. ATM it has the TC off tune. I am paranoid about it. I will put the TC on back probably tomorrow.I can give you a thousand reasons why you should turn it off. But its the one reason to turn it on that I can't think of that, is the reason you leave it on.If you think your good enough and brave enought o be without it, please let me know the area you are in and the roads you drive on so I can avoid them and you.Im with you XR09 all the way.
boosted_XR Member 364 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Posted 09/03/10 06:08 PM Posted 09/03/10 06:08 PM I turn t/c off when I start the car. the ba t/c doesnt work 2 good when the car's been modified anyway, usually turn's itself off once it starts spinning so id rather have it off. besides my right foot is my t/c.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 10/03/10 08:16 AM Posted 10/03/10 08:16 AM I don’t understand the big deal about TC. Powerful cars have been around a long time. Not all had TC. No one should be giving it that much on public roads that they are relying on TC to save them. I'd prefer it off because I have a better feel of what the ute is doing but mostly because I don’t want to break something. If you turn it off you are not breaking the law. Just know you have it off and adjust to the conditions. If you want to test the limit of your car or the safety features then take it to the track.
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 10d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 10/03/10 10:27 AM Posted 10/03/10 10:27 AM Traction Control is not there for when you are expecting to lose traction, it is there when you are not expecting it.. And yes, powerful cars have been around for along time, but never so available to the general public.. and the equivalent of a powerful car 15 years ago is now just the average family hack.. Not here to lecture anyone, but.. other road users out there, so take it to the track..
TUR-BO6 There's a thin line between a wild time and a flat line. Member 146 Member For: 17y 8m 30d Gender: Male Location: Vic Nsw border. Posted 11/03/10 11:54 AM Posted 11/03/10 11:54 AM dont know whether your havin a go at me there but let me tell you if you are you might want to take another look at what I said.I dont care whether you were aiming at me or not as a matter of fact.learn more about your car if you dont like t/c turned off, or simply dont modify it.as per boosted xr once modified they dont work anyway.so then what are you gonna do...make it a trailer sailor?we modify cars so take your pick: daihatsu charade or performance vehicle such as typhoon,gt,6t...also what are you going to do about the skylines etc that fill our roads? quite a few of them keep up with us and they dont have t/c at all.
TUR-BO6 There's a thin line between a wild time and a flat line. Member 146 Member For: 17y 8m 30d Gender: Male Location: Vic Nsw border. Posted 11/03/10 11:56 AM Posted 11/03/10 11:56 AM Traction Control is not there for when you are expecting to lose traction, it is there when you are not expecting it.. And yes, powerful cars have been around for along time, but never so available to the general public.. and the equivalent of a powerful car 15 years ago is now just the average family hack.. Not here to lecture anyone, but.. other road users out there, so take it to the track.. so you would like us to leave our cars at home and go and buy another car?
TUR-BO6 There's a thin line between a wild time and a flat line. Member 146 Member For: 17y 8m 30d Gender: Male Location: Vic Nsw border. Posted 11/03/10 11:57 AM Posted 11/03/10 11:57 AM I don’t understand the big deal about TC. Powerful cars have been around a long time. Not all had TC. No one should be giving it that much on public roads that they are relying on TC to save them. I'd prefer it off because I have a better feel of what the ute is doing but mostly because I don’t want to break something. If you turn it off you are not breaking the law. Just know you have it off and adjust to the conditions. If you want to test the limit of your car or the safety features then take it to the track.thank you - a realistic member.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now