MaTTe Member 143 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Location: Perth Posted 12/12/08 07:55 AM Posted 12/12/08 07:55 AM is the framework part of the dash or the firewall?If you're in perth I have a complete dash sitting here, I can drop it off to you if it'll help speed up the process. If you're interstate it'll probably take a week to get to you which may end up delaying a solution..
GreyXR6_Turbo Member 60 Member For: 18y 29d Posted 12/12/08 02:53 PM Author Posted 12/12/08 02:53 PM Thanks Matte, I definately would of considered that as an option about a week ago if I knew they were going to stuff me around like this! Thanks for your help mate, but I am in NSW. I think it is the framework which the pad sits on. Trying to aim to have my car back for christmas, but at this rate, Ford wont give me a definate answer. I cant believe this! Cheers
MaTTe Member 143 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Location: Perth Posted 13/12/08 11:24 AM Posted 13/12/08 11:24 AM hey mate, yeah fair enough, the distance makes it a bit of a delay. I'd be calling head office and voicing my concerns.. you should get a fuel card or something out of this.. atleast $500.. a new car shouldn't have these problems.. maybe after 200,000kms but not at this point, and not after having the dash out once already..good luck with the repairs and repocussions
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 13/12/08 11:58 PM Posted 13/12/08 11:58 PM Mate - I'd be calling Ford as well, and saying guys... GET your SH!7 together!Tell them the story from word go, from the first point of where they found the issue over a month ago (or whatever it is), and that there is still a delay!Advise that you will be telling all your fellow 'car club' and 'forum members' (or whatever you are involved in if any as well), and that they need to get the gear over YESTERDAY!If not luck ask what/why there is such a delay and what the issue is... Simple as that - then go from there...You shouldn't have to go through this, however if it helps speed things up then at the end of the day, then u get the broom broom back!
GreyXR6_Turbo Member 60 Member For: 18y 29d Posted 19/12/08 08:47 AM Author Posted 19/12/08 08:47 AM Gday Fellas Just an update on this issue! I just cant believe this!!! I sent the car in on the 24th right... On monday this week I had jack of it and rang up the 13ford to try and get some answers. I luckily had a good bloke on the phone and he said what the dealer had done was unacceptable, immediately got onto the phone to them and apparantely, they the dealer notified him that the parts had arrived (convieniently). Righto, so the parts arrived, On Friday the car is finally ready. I pick it up, pay the wheel alignment bill which I also had. I was assured that the car was rattle free! you little ripper!. I was thinking I could finally enjoy my christmas holidays and finally enjoy the car. On driving up the road, I was furious to the find the exacvt same rattle in the exact same spot exact loudness and everything!!! After waiting a whole three weeks (I also had to buy an old EB to get around in this time leading up to christmas!!!) the rattle is still there. I immediately went straight to the top and put in a complaint about the dealer. Ive just had enough.... Ive been run around for weeks, hundreds of dollars down due to travelling between the dealership and talbingo where I work. Not happy! The dealership refuses to pay for anything! Its come to the point where I want to travel to another dealership to get it done right. For goodness sakes, the dash has been out 3 times and they still couldnt diagnose it! Does anyone know a good dealership in Sydney (yes I want to travel that far if possible). I was thinking Macarthur Ford in Campbelltown (where I bought the car...). Any suggestions appreciated! It just makes me hate the car, which is a shame because I know its an awesome car designed and built here. Thanks for putting up with myh rant! All the best for xmas, Marty
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 19/12/08 11:11 AM Posted 19/12/08 11:11 AM (edited) Bud,Just replied to your PM... I would take it to Alto, if you cant work it our yourself!Alto fixed mine up the first time, however they cleaned the dash with the wrong cleaner and stained it... But the creaking was GONE!!!When they replaced the crash pad due to the staining the noise came back, but as it wasn't due for a service as it just had one, I decided to go and play myself!Found as per the PM sent and all fixed!The boys advised it was due to "blah blah" and I believe this is what I fixed... either way I got no noise left no more! heheheheIf you do go to see the boys at Alto ask to speak with Mario, Luby, or Mustifa and tell them Micky B sent you with the XR5 and the Rspec! If you let them know about the other issues, they 'may be' able to stick your butt in a loan car as well - assuming its a warranty issue! Edited 19/12/08 11:13 AM by smicky
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 19/12/08 12:24 PM Posted 19/12/08 12:24 PM dude, better still jsut did a big favour for u...ducked out to the garage and pulled apart the dash and took pics... lucky it took about 10 mins out and back together, ill post a how to over the next hour or so!
GreyXR6_Turbo Member 60 Member For: 18y 29d Posted 31/12/08 01:40 PM Author Posted 31/12/08 01:40 PM Gday all, A bit of a breakthrough for those who were following this dilema... As some of you know smicky wrote up an awesome, comprehensive pdf on how to fix the annoying rattle which has affected so many of us. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I hadn't touched the car at all since I tried smicky's fix. I took it into town today (50km's drive) and the tick was just driving me nuts over every bump I took it straight to the carwash intending to blast off some of the dust which had accumulated all over the car for the last few weeks. While at the carwash I mainly used the high pressure soap and rinse all over the car until it was dust free. The thing that puzzles me is that it didnt rattle one bit on the way back home!!!?? Not one bit, until it was near the end of the journey and I could hear it coming back but it was still very muffled. I experienced something similar once when I washed the car, the rattle disappeared for a while, then eventually returned... It puzzles me because it feels just like a chassis/body creak, how on earth could it be muffled by water. Tomorrow I might start troubleshooting the problem by *Going for a drive and seeing if the rattle is still present for a start *If it is I will pour some water over the left hand side of the car near the windscreen. *I have already eliminated the plastic cowl near the windscreen from being the problem(removed by Ford and tested when it was in with them....cowl is damaged by them as in picture, circled...) Does anyone have any idea what it might be then?I am thinking if the water might sit somewhere in a cavity somewhere, until it finally evaporates. Where does the water end up that trickles off the windscreen? Ive never really had any panels off these cars in order to test it out! Any help appreciated! Happy new year, Marty
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 01/01/09 05:32 AM Posted 01/01/09 05:32 AM (edited) Hey Marty,Wondering if what you are hearing is actually coming from your suspension?Considering after having water appearing to eliminate the sound, this could be what you are actually hearing.I still have a squeaking/rubbing sort of rattle when comes from driving over speed humps, uneven/flat roads surfaces, driveways etc... And have simply put it down to one or some of the rubbers in the front end...Not to sure if you read the final two options/additional fixes in the PDF however there is also some areas just on the inside of the windscreen where some thick double sided tape should fix... You need to push it into the small corner behind and under the crash pad.Anyways, sorry to hear the issue is 'still' going... and hope you can work something out!Mate, really wish you lived in Sydney and I would swing by and give you a hand to try and fix the bastard up! Edited 01/01/09 05:45 AM by smicky
GreyXR6_Turbo Member 60 Member For: 18y 29d Posted 03/01/09 02:10 PM Author Posted 03/01/09 02:10 PM Gday all, Not much to add really, except that I will be taking the car into Macarthur Ford on monday. This is where I bought the car, and ive heard a lot of positive things said about their service department, so I will give them a try. Pouring water over the windscreen really seems to quieten the tick down a lot. Micky, I would of thought it could of been the suspension, but the tech at the original dealership I sent it to get worked on said they had 'chassis ears' onto it, and just couldnt pinpoint it to any suspension component. All they told me was it was definitely on the LHS. I will get macarthur to check it out though. I really dont think it comes from inside. All the best, Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now