XR666Turbz Member 18 Member For: 18y 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/11/08 09:04 AM Posted 07/11/08 09:04 AM G'day ppls. Okay ill start with what I want to do, keeping in mind I realise what im doing is bad and such I just wanted some advise on the outcome, okay from experience I used to have a skyline r33 and when I blocked off the blow off valve the car would try and stall when the flutter woould go off for example the revs would drop for a few moments then pick back up now what I dont know is why this happens and if I do block my ute up will I have the same problem? If anyone has some experience with this it would be highly appreciated or even if someone can tell me the ins and outs of whats actually happening when the car trys to stall, I havnt blocked it yet im just researching first. Cheers
sensoryamusia Member 398 Member For: 18y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: leeming, PERTH Posted 07/11/08 10:40 PM Posted 07/11/08 10:40 PM G'day ppls. Okay ill start with what I want to do, keeping in mind I realise what im doing is bad and such I just wanted some advise on the outcome, okay from experience I used to have a skyline r33 and when I blocked off the blow off valve the car would try and stall when the flutter woould go off for example the revs would drop for a few moments then pick back up now what I dont know is why this happens and if I do block my ute up will I have the same problem? If anyone has some experience with this it would be highly appreciated or even if someone can tell me the ins and outs of whats actually happening when the car trys to stall, I havnt blocked it yet im just researching first. CheersI blocked off the bov to my ute a while ago and it ran fine mate, no probs
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/11/08 11:24 PM Posted 07/11/08 11:24 PM Pretty sure the reason your R33 wanted to stall is the fact that the RB motors use an Air Flow Meter, without the airflow from the BOV it is sending the wrong message to the ECU.The XR's don't have an AFM so you will be right mate, lots of people do this mod
XR666Turbz Member 18 Member For: 18y 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/11/08 10:59 AM Author Posted 08/11/08 10:59 AM no problems guys cheers for that, air flow meter of course, ahh well you learn something new everyday.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now