Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

G'day ppls.

Okay ill start with what I want to do, keeping in mind I realise what im doing is bad and such I just wanted some advise on the outcome,

okay from experience I used to have a skyline r33 and when I blocked off the blow off valve the car would try and stall when the flutter woould go off for example the revs would drop for a few moments then pick back up now what I dont know is why this happens and if I do block my ute up will I have the same problem? If anyone has some experience with this it would be highly appreciated or even if someone can tell me the ins and outs of whats actually happening when the car trys to stall, I havnt blocked it yet im just researching first. Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: leeming, PERTH
Posted
G'day ppls.

Okay ill start with what I want to do, keeping in mind I realise what im doing is bad and such I just wanted some advise on the outcome,

okay from experience I used to have a skyline r33 and when I blocked off the blow off valve the car would try and stall when the flutter woould go off for example the revs would drop for a few moments then pick back up now what I dont know is why this happens and if I do block my ute up will I have the same problem? If anyone has some experience with this it would be highly appreciated or even if someone can tell me the ins and outs of whats actually happening when the car trys to stall, I havnt blocked it yet im just researching first. Cheers

I blocked off the bov to my ute a while ago and it ran fine mate, no probs

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Pretty sure the reason your R33 wanted to stall is the fact that the RB motors use an Air Flow Meter, without the airflow from the BOV it is sending the wrong message to the ECU.

The XR's don't have an AFM so you will be right mate, lots of people do this mod

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

no problems guys cheers for that, air flow meter of course, ahh well you learn something new everyday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...