Ford Defends Territory

Falchoon

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d

http://www.drive.com.au/news/article.asp?a...FX5OHVNRID.html

Ford Australia has suffered its share of embarrassment over recalls of its BA Falcon range -- ranging from problems with suspension mounting pins to incorrectly located driving lights -- but president Geoff Polites is assuring potential buyers that the upcoming Falcon-based Territory four-wheel-drive will be a very different kettle of fish. "The plan is it (Territory) will have none, that's what you do all this (development) for," says Polites. "If you said to me right now, 'Do you think you'll have no teething problems?' I'd say, 'Yes, we will achieve no teething problems'."

I'll believe that when I see it, the BA sure has plenty of "teething problems" :thumbsup:

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 26d

I'll believe that when I see it, the BA sure has plenty of "teething problems"

:thumbsup:

Yeah, l wonder why he is confident enough to say that.

Surely the BA was the make or break car for Ford, get it wrong and we might have been faced with a future of imported Taurus' :thumbsup: So why have they gone to more trouble, and how can they be sure?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 1d

I think more time shoudl have been spent on the BA, and as for the problems they have listed, they arent that huge anyways. Why doesnt drive go have a pick at Holden????

As for the BA Foglamps -- bahahahahaha they arent even Fog Lamps boys, they are parking lamps with 5 watt wedge type bulbs in them, the same wattage as those seen in your parkers and in the side indicators. Drive makes me laugh.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d

I guess GP is saying the Territory will be bug free because it shares a lot of components with the Falcon, so by the time it's released all the Falcon bugs will be fixed.

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 24d
The BA is a winner, it and every other new model Aust built car always had and always will have "teething problems" so will Territory, that is a given. I will put money on it!

The BA teething problems for a series 1 are minute and hats off to FORD :huh:

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
The BA teething problems for a series 1 are minute and hats off to FORD :innocent:

Dont know if the owners of cars with brake shudder will agree. :innocent:

Its not as though disk brakes are a new invention just introduced on the BA. With all the computer modelling etc available these days it beats me how such a problem can occur, unless it was just plain cost cutting.

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 7d
The BA teething problems for a series 1 are minute and hats off to FORD :innocent:

Dont know if the owners of cars with brake shudder will agree. :unsure:

Its not as though disk brakes are a new invention just introduced on the BA.

Amen brother!

And what about some of the other problems that I have heard mentioned (and experienced myself) - such as a coolant pump o ring failing after 3 months from brand new.

Much as I love my car, I have had more things go wrong in three months than I did in 18 months with my series 1 VX commodore :innocent:

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
The disk brake problem is caused by the manufacturing process, not the design. Something to do with the percentage of manganese in the casting I think.

Its still no excuse.

Metallurgy, QC, road testing etc, there must have been a significant breakdown in the chain for that to get through. l have heard 3 fixes which all supposedly come from Ford in the past week. Dodgy rotors, faulty brake pad material and retraction springs. l dont know if anyone knows what the offical fix is yet, maybe Harasn can elaborate?