Plugg3r Caring Understanding Northern Territorian Member 159 Member For: 18y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Darwin, NT Posted 15/10/08 11:56 PM Posted 15/10/08 11:56 PM Hi Guys,Just wondering if we're able to fit a 245/45 R18 on the front of the BF's?Thanks.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/10/08 11:58 PM Posted 15/10/08 11:58 PM Yeah mate, that was a factory option for the BA/BF (and standard late in the BF2's)
Plugg3r Caring Understanding Northern Territorian Member 159 Member For: 18y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Darwin, NT Posted 16/10/08 12:04 AM Author Posted 16/10/08 12:04 AM Ok, I was getting told last night by the tyre dude I wasnt able to fit the 245/45 only the 245/40 otherwise it rub on the arm......I got them fitted to the back, but if I find out I can do to the front ill swap em around.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/10/08 12:19 AM Posted 16/10/08 12:19 AM As far as I know you can, someone else will come along and confirm this for you mate.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 16/10/08 12:49 AM Posted 16/10/08 12:49 AM the 245/40/18 I just put on mine had about 5ml clearance on the arm so it would be close
Major Torque Member 5 Member For: 20y 1m 19d Posted 16/10/08 12:51 AM Posted 16/10/08 12:51 AM I tried 245/45 18 tyres on mine prevoius BA II XR6T 6sp. It had a 4.1 diff in and I wanted to conmpesate to lower the ratio to 3.9. The upsized tyres would have almost acheived this, hiowever,they were to big and the knuckle cut into them. After about 100km I had to change back to the 245/40 tyres. The clearance is there but veryminimal on a jack, but when you put weight on and go over bumps the knuckle cuts into the tyre tread, ruining them.. It was an expensive excercise.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/10/08 12:55 AM Posted 16/10/08 12:55 AM Ahh, yes - sorry, I didn't fully comprehend the question. As mentioned above the 45 side profile would be a little large. My apologies for being a bit mis-leading!
Plugg3r Caring Understanding Northern Territorian Member 159 Member For: 18y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Darwin, NT Posted 16/10/08 01:11 AM Author Posted 16/10/08 01:11 AM Damn that sucks hey... They're alot cheaper then the 40's...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now