Jump to content

Major Torque

Member
  • Posts

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Major Torque

  1. Your are right. A generic tune is a " one size fits all" solution, neither too economic nor powerful. A good tune done by a professional tune house will be suited to your car and give both economy and power when required
  2. I tried 245/45 18 tyres on mine prevoius BA II XR6T 6sp. It had a 4.1 diff in and I wanted to conmpesate to lower the ratio to 3.9. The upsized tyres would have almost acheived this, hiowever,they were to big and the knuckle cut into them. After about 100km I had to change back to the 245/40 tyres. The clearance is there but veryminimal on a jack, but when you put weight on and go over bumps the knuckle cuts into the tyre tread, ruining them.. It was an expensive excercise.
  3. I tried this with the FG falcon IPOD integration and it adds a whole new dimension
  4. Yes, it is very different from the BA. Keep me posted if you do have success at the window tinting place and if I find out anything I will post the outcome.
  5. Hi, I have eventually decided to post. I am getting a new FG XR6T ZF Box c/w Luxpack, tech pack this week, after waiting a LONG 16 weeks from date of order. I intend to replace the sound system with new speakers, amps etc. The technical side of doing it is not hard for me as I did it in my BA II XR6T. using line converters. My problem is that I cannot see how the door trims come off as thay have no obvious screws, or covers hiding screws. the rear doors seem to have a screw behind the handle and at the top rear, but the front is a mystery. Before I ruin it, is there anyone who can advice. I did see some photos on another post where the customer was having his trim updated, but they weren't all that clear.
×
×
  • Create New...