Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

YOU SHOULD JUST GO OUT AND BUY AN XR6T :lookaround:

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legendary member!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dianella, West Oz
Posted

Definately a T04Z on a 6boost or ETM manifold.

Good luck gettin the power to the floor though on full song!

Your gonna have a good time spendin up on suspension, tyres and good brakes as well as supporting mods though... $$$$$$$$!

  • Azzman
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Definately a T04Z on a 6boost or ETM manifold.

Good luck gettin the power to the floor though on full song!

Your gonna have a good time spendin up on suspension, tyres and good brakes as well as supporting mods though... $$$$$$$$!

Exactly right, the standard turbo will do you fine for any good amount of streetable power. I wouldnt bother going a bigger turbo unless you bigger and stronger everything else including internals an cylinder head work. not to mention suspension and the like.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

And the unnecessary lag, just so you can say you have a T04.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 18d
Posted

imo do what tree monkey did. saw his car last nite, and it is a beast for the amount of money he has spent on it.. why rebuild an na motor when you can look around for a cheap t with low k's? wont this do the same trick without all the hassle. like, t motor will handle the power as its built for it. seems pointless to me. but gl with it if you do. I know once im off my damn p plates ill probs just find a diff motor and gearbox and drop it into my car as the chassy has done barely any k's so there will be no wear and tear.

  • Azzman
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

well I'm building a T motor for my NA ute and I'll come out of it cheaper than I would if I bought a T. I'm even doing forged internals and a 5 to 6 speed manual transmission conversion. but I'm doing all the work myself. Just depend what you want it for. I'm doing it for the fun, the experience and because it will be cheaper than buying a T. And it will be hella quicker than any T you could find for the same price.

Edited by Azzman460
  • Legendary member!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dianella, West Oz
Posted

that's debatable mate... There are some well modded and quick T's goin for cheap in the for sale thread these days!

What power are you wanting and what mods/supporting mods are you going to be using to make this power?

Even doing it yourself, a forged rebuild and a T5 to T56 conversion is pretty costly.

What are you planning on spending for the whole project?

Im with ya on the fun and experience part though - would be sweet to do if ya have the know how.

Posted

:stupid:

The rebuild kit & a cheap box/clutch will set you back $7k on a good day then you have to buy all the other turbo associated gear on top. If you sold the NA, put the $10 - 12k on top you'd have a relatively stock low km BF or a modded BA.

Not putting you or your project down at all, but just making it clear to others that a XR6T is probably the cheaper option & better for insurance/resale :buttrock:

  • Azzman
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I can do the forged bottom end and the gearbox conversion for around 6k. Turbo and associated gear was 2k. shouold get out of it around 10k with a 6 speed conversion and a forged engine. Either way its not the money I'm doing it for its so I can say "yep, I built that!" HOORAH!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...