Ryan Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 18y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/03/09 04:12 AM Author Posted 16/03/09 04:12 AM Shane from Art Trim, he is based at Bangor, at the moment he is working out of his house, great work and quick turn around, his mate put up a post of his custom trimmed VL....Shane0421929235
Ghosti NOT THERE!... THERE! Member 852 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/03/09 04:42 AM Posted 16/03/09 04:42 AM (edited) I dig it. A lot.My doors spears are already suede so I reckon having the roof match would be killer. Can't believe how cheap it was tbh.Nice work. Edited 16/03/09 04:51 AM by Ghosti
bluute Cant wait to drive it Legacy Donating Member 884 Member For: 18y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Golden Bay,WA Posted 16/03/09 06:55 AM Posted 16/03/09 06:55 AM just done this in the ute last week and I love it looks heaps betteras people have said should have been an option from the factory
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 16/03/09 07:25 AM Posted 16/03/09 07:25 AM Is suede the only material to use on the roof lining? The way that suede changes colour (direction it is touched) would annoy the hell out of me lolapart from that it looks WAY better, much like the commodores which are all black. it looks 100x better
Chich Damn You's A Sexy Chich Member 3,843 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Your House Posted 16/03/09 07:52 AM Posted 16/03/09 07:52 AM you can use pretty much whatever material you want.and if you really want I dont see why you couldnt just dye/ paint the material which is already on there if you wanted to do it even cheaper again...
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/09 08:10 AM Posted 16/03/09 08:10 AM I must be the only one that likes the roof lining colour I was going to do my seats that colour in leather.
bentles Member 121 Member For: 18y 11d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 16/03/09 08:31 AM Posted 16/03/09 08:31 AM nah I love it too. I wana do biege / tan leather trim to match roof.I dont like the all black look.not to mention its a different black to the rest of car.but its your car so go for it....
bluute Cant wait to drive it Legacy Donating Member 884 Member For: 18y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Golden Bay,WA Posted 16/03/09 12:14 PM Posted 16/03/09 12:14 PM here is a couple of pics of mineas onboost suggested I actually spray died my lining it looks pretty good but I am not 100% happy with it so I will be getting it re lined the photos dont do it justice the roof actually matches the other pieces and the painted sections apear alot darker they actually match the rest of the interior very well they are however prone to scratching/chipping quite easily
Ryan Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 18y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/03/09 03:46 AM Author Posted 17/03/09 03:46 AM As Bluute has stated its hard to get a decent photo, pictures don't do it justice, real life does.Roof, pillar trims and dash are all so very close in colour, maybe a poofteenth here or there out, but so so close it only shows up different under a flashI went suade over the factory trim upon trimmers advice, softer, easier than trying to remove old material from the headlining board.Dye can work with good results sometimes but its inconsistant, hence why did it first up and had it trimmed
Taxi 8 u Member 57 Member For: 18y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Where you want to be! Posted 18/03/09 06:38 AM Posted 18/03/09 06:38 AM Nice job Ryan, I recently trimmed all the beige components in my T in black suede. I trimmed all the pillar covers instead of painting. Since my car is black with 5% tint it looks sweet as. The only beige parts left are the visors and grab handles, am sizing up those parts in a VX Late model camira at the moment as they came out in black and will hopefully fit. Will have to try and put up some decents pics of it soon. But again, looking good.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now