Guest Northerly Guests Posted 25/07/03 08:21 AM Posted 25/07/03 08:21 AM I heard a BA GT today. It was up close and personal. That V8 burrble is better than s*x. Love my T, BUT............ Maybe the GT is the next step!PS: It was a manual Acid Rush GT.
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Location: Geelong Posted 25/07/03 11:55 AM Posted 25/07/03 11:55 AM Have said it before there is nothing like the sound of a V8 in full flight, none of our turbo's will ever come close (I have my FLAME SUIT ON!!!)
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 25/07/03 01:15 PM Posted 25/07/03 01:15 PM My plan is to keep my T for 3 years and then move on/up to a GT. Given my wait on the T, maybe I should order the GT now ... it might be ready in 3 years! :lol:
Robbo Member 249 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Location: Sydney Posted 25/07/03 02:53 PM Posted 25/07/03 02:53 PM Blood Orange GT will be next for me too I think. I'll wait a few years though !! :-)
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 25/07/03 07:34 PM Posted 25/07/03 07:34 PM My plan is to keep my T for 3 years and then move on/up to a GT. I think in 3 years Ken the turbos will be a lot quicker than the GT's but true you can't beat the sound of a V8
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 25/07/03 11:43 PM Posted 25/07/03 11:43 PM My plan is to keep my T for 3 years and then move on/up to a GT. I think in 3 years Ken the turbos will be a lot quicker than the GT's but true you can't beat the sound of a V8Yeh, that's the problem. This one (T) was supposed to be an XR8, but when I started investigating, I decided on the T.In 3 years, with a series II (III?) T available, I will probably end up not getting my V8 again! Oh, well ... nice position to be in really?
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 26/07/03 12:33 AM Posted 26/07/03 12:33 AM The turbo will never be quicker than the GT.
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 26/07/03 12:39 AM Posted 26/07/03 12:39 AM The turbo will never be quicker than the GT. In stock form the differrence is not that great over the quarter and to mod the t will be one hell of a lot cheaper than modding the 8 but in a few years time we shall see-I think the main problem with the t will be the driveline
Mitchy_G Umm... Member 176 Member For: 23y 4m 13d Location: North Lake Macquarie NSW Posted 26/07/03 05:41 AM Posted 26/07/03 05:41 AM I experienced a GT up close and personal a while back. The fella knew we were watching so he had to give it some. I cant remeber what it was like becuase I was so psyched and I forgot. But you cant beat the ol V8 for accoustic goodness.
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 26/07/03 06:51 AM Posted 26/07/03 06:51 AM The turbo will never be quicker than the GT.In stock form the differrence is not that great over the quarter and to mod the t will be one hell of a lot cheaper than modding the 8 but in a few years time we shall see-I think the main problem with the t will be the driveline With the talk of FPV taking over the T, I reckon the T will give the GT a good run for it's money.Although that said the note will never be as good as the 8's.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now