Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle nsw
Posted
As for buying a T, I reckon the conversion is cheaper! and heaps more fun!

I agree doing the conversion is more exciting, and satisfaction.

I have put a turbo on 5 cars now and it's been a real big learning experience,

the five things I've learnt by doing this has been

1.make sure suffiecient oil return

2.disconnect pcv hoses from inlet manifold and join into oil catch can as when boosting it pressurises the sump

3. don't over boost and use premium fuel and a good regulator to stop pinging

4.if useing a copper head gasket the block and head need to be o-ringed

5.HEAT WRAP EVERYTHING, and use an intercooler, car goes much quicker with cool engine bay and air flow

oh and always take pic's of your work lol to brag later on saying "I DID THAT MYSELF LOL"

post-13058-1220522137_thumb.jpg

post-13058-1220522154_thumb.jpg

post-13058-1220522184.jpg

post-13058-1220522399_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW , The Burrows
Posted

lol I wouldnt be bragging about my cars catching on fire , how did that even happen???

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle nsw
Posted
lol I wouldnt be bragging about my cars catching on fire , how did that even happen???

not having a catch can on the sump vent's on the tappet cover, too much boost and a little blow by made oil blow up under the bonnet then

dripped onto the high mount exhuast causing a oil fire which on a country back road wasn easy to put out lol learnt that lesson big time lot's of $$$$$

it was pretty tough fried third no worries in the old girl

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: syd south
Posted

looks like it fried more than just 3rd ROFL

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle nsw
Posted
looks like it fried more than just 3rd ROFL

LOL yeah mate it did I built it for power cruise for burnouts little did I know it started the burnout a little early :popcorn:

oh well we can rebuild, nah I sold it and just keeped the xr instead

  • 3 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d
Posted

not quite yet, I have been waiting for my mechanic since August and he still is busy. I would have changed to some other place by now but he quoted me a very cheap price and I know he will do a good job for me.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
not having a catch can on the sump vent's on the tappet cover, too much boost and a little blow by made oil blow up under the bonnet then

dripped onto the high mount exhuast causing a oil fire which on a country back road wasn easy to put out lol learnt that lesson big time lot's of $$$$$

it was pretty tough fried third no worries in the old girl

Just out of curiosity, was that your 5th attempt that caught fire??

  • 3 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 13d
Posted

hey mate just trying to source a new sump for my ba xr6 turbo as I cracked the last one, where is the best place to source and do ford parts dealers sell them? cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...