Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/08/08 02:16 AM Posted 20/08/08 02:16 AM (edited) G'day guys. I am converting a BA Engine to a turbo. Now I'm going to put F6 Turbo gear onto it, and a 6 speed manual transmission. It will get an atomic rebuild kit. Then its going into my BF MKII Ute. Now to my thinking would a BA MKII TURBO PCM programmed for a 6 Speed transmission do the job? or would I have to get a BF MKII TURBO PCM? and if I did that would it work with the BA motor. Any help would be really appreciated as this is really hard to figure out haha. Cheers Edited 20/08/08 02:24 AM by Azzman460
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 22/08/08 03:12 AM Posted 22/08/08 03:12 AM I would go the ba as the Bf has dule independant VCT where the Ba only had Dule VCT
Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/08/08 12:44 AM Author Posted 25/08/08 12:44 AM They are both Independant VCT but the BA cuts out the VCT below a certain RPM the BF has it going all the time. Still at a loss as to which one to use though haha
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/08/08 01:13 AM Posted 25/08/08 01:13 AM You're right, but what robbo is saying is the the BA cams phase off each other, where-as the BF cams phase independantly of each other - so the BF is the more advanced program
Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/08/08 04:35 AM Author Posted 25/08/08 04:35 AM ahh yeah I get it, that's correct. Would the BA motor with the BF PCM work the VCT the same as the BF, even though its a BA motor it would have the BF PCM and programming? Obviously it would have to be a BF loom as well.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/08/08 04:56 AM Posted 25/08/08 04:56 AM I'm not exactly sure if there is any hardware differences between the heads, but I believe it is just software
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now