MR-XR Member 44 Member For: 19y 9m 13d Location: campbelltown,sydney Posted 17/08/08 12:01 PM Posted 17/08/08 12:01 PM hi allnot sure if this is for this subject but I seem to have a popping noise and slight lost of power once I put my foot down to much in my xr6t,the thing is that my fuel guage played up and said I had 8okms of petrol left,on my way home from work one day which is a 10km trip I ran out of petrol and the battery went flat,since then I have notice this popping noise,its ok when just crusing.I changed the fuel fitler thicking it might have picked up some crap from the bottom of the tank but it is still there,any help or ideas would be great thanks guys.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 17/08/08 12:08 PM Posted 17/08/08 12:08 PM This is a bit strange, could be your fuel pump crapping itself... Is the popping like a rev-limit thing, is it really loud or fast or what - more info would be great so we can help diagnose your problem
MR-XR Member 44 Member For: 19y 9m 13d Location: campbelltown,sydney Posted 17/08/08 12:20 PM Author Posted 17/08/08 12:20 PM hey senna hows things? it does seem abit loud and the popping is quiet fast,it does seem to come on and off at times and if I change gears to goes til the revs come up again or my foot goes to far down.
MR-XR Member 44 Member For: 19y 9m 13d Location: campbelltown,sydney Posted 17/08/08 12:30 PM Author Posted 17/08/08 12:30 PM hey guys the wife says from outside the car it sounds like a rev limit popping.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 17/08/08 10:18 PM Posted 17/08/08 10:18 PM Hey mate, I reckon its either your plugs, or your coil packs. Get these sussed out if you haven't done already, then maybe look at fuel pump. You could always take it to a tuner as they can diagnose these things pretty well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now