Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • RUS531
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Emerald QLD
Posted

I don't think you could ever extract a full sound our of a pair of speakers as you can with a sub. I have a set of 6x9s and 5x7s in my ute and it just sounds empty with out my subs. the beauty of our utes over sedans is the small cabin space. Having less air to move you can go with a small sub to get a full (and loud if you want) sound. I have two full size 10s in my ute with room to put cd wallets, fire extinguishers, first aid kits ect. but it doesn't block my 6x9s and I can put my seats right back (pics around in a thread somewhere). I wasn't worried about room behind my seats because after all it is a ute.

If you want to save space I would suggest go with a single sub, be it a 10 or a 12, and a small footprint amp like alpine's PDX series, and if you know a fiberglass guy, you could get something really stylish :-D

(Note: Pioneer as we know make great shallow subs, Rockford-Fosgate also make a shallow series in a few sizes and configurations, their amps are also meant to be a smaller footprint compared to their old ones.)

At the end of the day they were designed to make a great song sound great and give it the depth it deserves, not just to blast everyone's ears off. I could never own a stereo be it in a car or at home with out one

P.s. on the Rockford-Fosgate website there is a great wizard to work out box volumes for different shapes and dimensions of enclosures, well worth a look!

Cheers

Cameron

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...