rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 08/09/08 04:35 AM Posted 08/09/08 04:35 AM Cheers for that mate but I think that part number is the Dual port series????
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 08/09/08 05:01 AM Posted 08/09/08 05:01 AM Cheers for that mate but I think that part number is the Dual port series????It is, but if you don't like the dual ports it also comes with a plug for the atmospheric discharge port.Plug that up and you have a plumb back.What are you after exactly.
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 08/09/08 10:12 AM Posted 08/09/08 10:12 AM Pretty much the loud sound from a Supersonic, I am unsure if the Dualport can produce the same sound. But I also have to consider which one will fit snuggly like the stock Bosch setup.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 08/09/08 11:22 AM Posted 08/09/08 11:22 AM Take it from me mate she's pretty loud.I've got mine hooked up with both plumb back and atmospheric ports and even under normal boost you get a big psssh.Get one and try it. If you don't think it's loud enough block the plumb back port and let everything out the other.There are pictures on here somewhere, can't remember where but, of a guy with a Kompact series dual port fitted to the factory position.Mine is but I don't have any pics.Fits snug as the factory one and is even black so it sort of looks normal.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/09/08 11:42 AM Author Posted 08/09/08 11:42 AM The Kompact series is designed by Turbosmart to be a direct replacement for bosch BOV's. So they all fit perfectly where the bosch one is fitted
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 09/09/08 11:52 AM Posted 09/09/08 11:52 AM Sweet thanks guys. Well I will lock it in. Turbosmart Dualport it is.Thanks once again.
uniqsouljah Member 113 Member For: 18y 29d Gender: Male Location: caroline springs, melb Posted 04/10/08 02:42 PM Posted 04/10/08 02:42 PM so anyone got a video showing off what the turbosmart plumb back sounds like on the fg? or any other similar product BOV for the fg? I want to put one in mine just want to know what they sound like so I can make my choice. if anyone could post one up id be greatful. thank-you
TurboTone Member 10 Member For: 17y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/10/08 02:56 AM Posted 30/10/08 02:56 AM Does anyone know how reliable the valves are in the dual port units? I'm thinking of fitting on to my FG but I'm worried about unfiltered air getting in.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 30/10/08 03:00 AM Author Posted 30/10/08 03:00 AM I used to run one on my BA mate, they are ok for standard to mild boost increases, but after that you need a larger diameter (ie the 38mm) BOV to flow enough air
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 30/10/08 03:31 AM Posted 30/10/08 03:31 AM Does anyone know how reliable the valves are in the dual port units? I'm thinking of fitting on to my FG but I'm worried about unfiltered air getting in.Don't be concerned mate.They are tested to pretty high pressure levels. I think I read somewhere they are tested to 300 odd psi.I've got one on mine and done over 8000kms. No dramas at all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now