Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 26/07/08 07:00 AM Posted 26/07/08 07:00 AM As some will know Elite had a dyno day today and I thought it would be a good idear to find out what I was pushing at the tyres on the xr6-now xr6t that I have been building up over the last few months. Now remember I am useing a ba t motor, rapid version 3 kit, 60lb injectors upgraded intank pump, 4"dump 3.5"cat and twin 2.5" redback exhaust all runing on a N/A computer and tune oh and 98ron shell fuel. I have never had the car tuned/flashed ect and is booked in on friday for this but decided to find out what it was befor tune as I thought it went very well as it was...... 3 runs later 448.4hp or 334+rwkw. So I am hoping that I can put my name in the 300 club and I will post both the dyno sheet from today and the new one that I will get friday to show the power curve differance
Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 26/07/08 11:30 AM Author Posted 26/07/08 11:30 AM the dyno sheet
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 26/07/08 10:19 PM Posted 26/07/08 10:19 PM well done on the build up!!!!!!!!!!!! a top jobyour fuel bills would be through the roof though lolwhose doing your tune on friday?
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 23d Gender: Male Posted 26/07/08 10:43 PM Posted 26/07/08 10:43 PM That thing is a weapon mate. Congrats on the build. Well done!!!
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 27/07/08 12:51 AM Posted 27/07/08 12:51 AM Good power mate, should be a rocket when its tuned up!
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 27/07/08 04:43 AM Posted 27/07/08 04:43 AM Well done.You must be pretty happy!
Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 27/07/08 07:01 AM Author Posted 27/07/08 07:01 AM Thanks for that. I was blown away as I know it went hard but only after 4000rpm, and as the graph shows it is dumping fuel till around then, then the boost equals it out. So the first tune will be looking at bring that power curve more to the right so the car makes power lower in the rev range around 2000rpm and then some tyre frying action till 6000rpm. A big plug for Chris from Rapid and his cooler's, with each run it looked like the power went up not down as with the cheeper type of coolers. Now all left to do is maby a plenum to achive the same power but at lower boost levels and I was looking at makind an external serge tank but with an internal bosh fuel pump to help keep the buzz down. Oh and some blody 19"or 20" rims to fit over the brembos sitting in my boot.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 27/07/08 07:08 AM Posted 27/07/08 07:08 AM whose tuning it?
Howsee Legacy Donating Member 785 Member For: 19y 5d Gender: Male Location: Carindale, Brisbane Posted 27/07/08 07:14 AM Posted 27/07/08 07:14 AM congratz mate, awesome job.Top marks for the conversion, you should get paul and tim at elite to tune them. they are magicians with these vehicles. welcome to the 300+ clubHowsee
Tree Monkey Member 685 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisvagas / Manly Posted 27/07/08 07:29 AM Author Posted 27/07/08 07:29 AM I am booked in with Bayside Performance at cleavland.... but........I am thinking of taking it to paul at elite and let them tune it for me. The only thing holding me back is I am booked in with bayside (they have my flash tuner) and I was going to be working in there area that day, so I drop it off in the morning on the way to the job and pick up after lunch on the way home and they charge around $140 per hour .Now I know people say you get what you pay for but, with all the tuning that some places have done they must have a good idear on what settings go with what upgrades, and can load these setting's as a starting point, thus cutting the time required to tune. It might only save an hour or 2 but that's around $300 for more mods or fuel.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now