Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/07/08 03:55 AM Posted 19/07/08 03:55 AM Hi guys, just got the T lowered, 90,000k's and no real dramas since I've owned it.As soon as the car was off the hoist and I drove off, I noticed both the TC and ABS lights are lit..Put it back up on the hoist and the guys at the workshop went over everything but couldn't find the issue.I've had a search on the forum and found alot about faulty speed sensors, but I cant see mine being faulty if it was fine one minute, then I lowered it and now it isn't..Any Ideas?Really bugging me..By the way, car looks nice at new height, will get pics once I pick up my rims.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 19/07/08 04:09 AM Posted 19/07/08 04:09 AM Did they scan the ECU to see what codes are occuring
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/07/08 04:11 AM Author Posted 19/07/08 04:11 AM Nah it was just a little workshop, all that was done was replacing my front and rear springs. They must have knocked something.. Because it was all working fine before the job.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 19/07/08 04:23 AM Posted 19/07/08 04:23 AM Any workshop working on late model cars should have at least a scan toll.They may have unintentionally broken a wire in the harness by letting the brakes hang or pulling them to far.You can check the sensors with a multimeter, but if the harness is damaged you need to back probe the wiring to look for the signal, or the easiest way, but doesn't help you is to use a scan tool to check the sensor operation is getting to the ECU
86gav 69 - PSI Legacy Donating Member 263 Member For: 21y 11d Location: Gladstone QLD Posted 19/07/08 09:23 AM Posted 19/07/08 09:23 AM Mate I'd be willing to bet my balls that theyve unplugged/broken one of the ABS sensors. Last time I broke an axle my car did the same thing, still drives fine, jus no ABS or TC.CHeersGav
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/08 05:10 PM Posted 19/07/08 05:10 PM I hope you didn't take it to STRUTFIT in dandenong =p
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now