Friday July 25th Cruise!

AzMahoony

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 28d

Okay everyone, I've decided to get into gear now and Myself and dean + anyone else with some ideas on this cruise.

basically it's going to be similar to the one we had earlier in the year, night time City cruise looking at July 25th which is a Friday night

Looking at starting it in Scarborough? or the surrounding area with a decent car park, heading to Perth via the freeway through Perth continuing up the Mitchell then stop somewhere for a yarn etc.

Not sure how on where to next as I'm a southie and I dont know my roads up there, but Were gonna end it coming back down Tonkin then to roe back to Fremantle where we can park up somewhere and hit the strip for a coffee or the Newport for a few drinks.

Thinking of 7pm meet 8pm leave finish by 11-12 at the latest, as if you're like me you get bored after a while haha.

What does everyone think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEETPOINT: E-Shed Markets Carpark

START: 7:30pm MEET 8;30pm LEAVE.

ROUTE: As shown below!

7:30pm Gathering at E-Shed carpark for an 8:30pm depart, Hopefully Everyone is there by then.

Once we have left the car park we head north and get onto the Stirling HWY following it all the way to Perth (where it changes it's name to mounts bay road.

Heading under the freeway and onto Riverside drive keep going until we get to the Great Eastern HWY. we will then have our first stop at the Burswood car park for a quick chat, allowing everyone to catch back up if you caught a couple of lights.

After this we will get back onto The Great Eastern HWY Heading east for a little then onto the Graham Farmer Freeway, For some Tunnel Action!!

after heading through the tunnel we will then be on the Mitchell FWY which we will be on all the way until REID HWY.

Once we are on REID HWY we will follow all the way too Midland where the shopping Center is (NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH GETTING FROM REID HWY TO THE SHOPPING CENTER CAR PARK, CANT FIND IT ON THE MAP)

After a short break here, some pics, quick bite etc. We will get onto the roe HWY from here and follow it.

This will be a bit of a long one, as we are going to follow it all the way to the Kwinana FWY which we will then head north for about 2k's where the LEACH HWY is and we will get on that which takes us straight back to Fremantle.

We can then park up for a coffee/drink and enjoy the rest of the night if you're not busy the following day!

In order for every body to have a good time, a few rules have been implemented. Failure to abide by these rules will ensure you are not invited to future events held by FordXR6Turbo.com.

The reasons for these rules are:

• Safety - We don't want to put any of our members, and the general public in any danger.
  • Public Perception - We do not want the Ford XR6 Turbo community to face the same ridicule and stereotypes other car communities face.

The rules are simple:

• Obey all laws whilst on the cruise; this means no speeding, no overtaking over double lines etc... Any breaches will be reported to the local police.
  • There is a designated cruise leader who will lead the way and set the correct pace for all cruise members.
  • Use the Buddy system; always make sure you can see the car behind you. This will give people behind you an indication on where to turn and to make sure nobody gets lost or left behind.
  • CB Radios; if you don't have one, follow the maps and directions given out. If you do have one, please limit chatter during the twisty parts of the cruise. This will allow the cruise leader to relay information about road conditions, upcoming obstacles, etc. efficiently.
  • By attending this cruise you agree not to hold FordXR6Turbo.com, its Administrators, Moderators, Cruise Organisers, or Owners responsible/liable for any damage and/or grief sustained (simply; if you stuff up it's your fault, not ours).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask before the cruise.

Edited by tab

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll start the july 25th cruise up tonight, just want a few idea's from the NOR boys as for decent roads with the least amount of lights possible after the stop off near the end of the Mitchell also somehow joining onto tonkin hwy in the eastern suburbs and heading south from there

Also Mike parking in Freo is easy, we can park up at the train station/ captain munchies at the end its a 500 meter walk MAX from the Freo strip

Scarborough theres a nice parking area just down from the hotels, easy as.

Just need a couple of decent stops North of Perth with decent parking, and then we are set :buttrock:

Basically going to be doing a big loop of Perth and surrounding suburbs with good Double/triple lane roads and good scenes.

As always though, keep it safe :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 12d

Keep in mind munchies carpark may be shut (sometimes its open, sometimes its not) but E shed has plenty of parking that's away from road (and police driving past.)

Sounds even better Mat!

Alright guys it's time to get the thinking caps out for the NOR part of the cruise, I have South of perth sorted.

Scarborough heading north, getting to perth and going through the guts of it (or the tunnel maybe??) once we get through there... *need some ideas on this part* I want to be able to have a stop or 2 NOR.

Head to kalamunda for some fast straight roads, then onto the tonkin for a while heading south untill we get to Leach HWY then head down that and to Fremantle which is where it will be ending :)

At the E-sheds or anywhere relatively close With a decent sized carpark will be great :stirthepot:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 12d

If you want to go from Scarborough to the tunnel (lets hope F6F will be ready for that!!), perhaps you could have a meet point at the tennis centre (or belmont?) before heading into kalamunda?

Other than that, the NOR meetpoints (well heading northish past scarborough) I've been to over the years have pretty much been the Marinas (Hillarys, Two Rocks and Ocean Reef), the shops (Karrinyup, whitfords, galleria), largish and easily accesible carparks (powis street etc). Theres also City beach which is nice if you dont want to go to Scabs! Im sure the NOR boys and girls will know more of course.

Edited by Mat