Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hi guys, have just been back from a drive today, haven't been giving the T a flogging have just cruised home and all of a sudden there is a constant hiss under the bonnet.

It's very loud and sounds as if it is coming from the throttle body area, though I took the intake pipe off the throttle body and it isn't coming from that.

I have no idea at what to check for next, it only happens when the car is running and sounds horrible.

It seems to stop once I am actually driving and accelerating but comes on again if I am just cruising.

Car seems to be coming on boost and driving fine except for this noise..

At first I thought it was a flat tyre, sounds like a constant hiss of air.

Any thoughts?

I'm worried it's something bad...

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Okay I have now taken off the pipe from the air intake to the turbo, all looks okay. Turbine wheel seems to be in good order. WTF is wrong here? Starting to get worried..

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

Id be checking you pipes on the high pressure side instead.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Problem solved, was a tiny pencil sized hose under the throttle body that had come off the plastic joiner. I can't believe the noise that was coming from the engine bay as a result of this little f*cker, and the panic it caused me! Popped it back on and it is all back to normal.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gympie
Posted

the same thing happened to me but it actually pinched the rubber, $40 something from ford. Mine sounded like a had a really loud bov too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...