castro7 rob327 Member 227 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD Posted 08/06/08 10:25 AM Posted 08/06/08 10:25 AM Took advantage of Autobarns 20% off sale this weekend and bought the K&N panel filter... which was luckily in stock....While its no ball tickling power increase it did put a smile on my face... Unless I spend the day driving my mums territoy my car's been feeling a bit bland and laggy lately... I did the boost solenoid maintenance and didnt find any change in pickup...Since installing the filter my car seems to squat more when I apply the cash pedal... I believe this would be indicative of some mild power increase...the stock BOV I have fitted at the moment also did significantly more cherping when I backed off...May aswell get one for your next service IMO.. instead of that big thick one...
SubJimbo ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™ Legacy Donating Member 1,216 Member For: 18y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/06/08 11:39 AM Posted 08/06/08 11:39 AM Good job, You should also have a look at getting the F6 Secondary Intake, You will feel a good increase with that, I know I did in my N/A!
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 10m 3d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 08/06/08 11:52 AM Posted 08/06/08 11:52 AM and or a 3rd Custom Intake like I have done..... :rl:
SubJimbo ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™ Legacy Donating Member 1,216 Member For: 18y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/06/08 12:26 PM Posted 08/06/08 12:26 PM :rl:
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 08/06/08 01:02 PM Posted 08/06/08 01:02 PM (edited) I did a K&N Panel filter a few weeks ago on the RSpec...and well, the first few short drives had a huge increase on the fuel usage meter (trip puter)... but as for power to be honest I didn't feel, notice and believe it did anything...Think it was just my driving and trying to feel a difference...My Liberty GT (Manual), seemed to be a little more responsive (maybe 5%) and a minor increase in the note/sound out the other end, but again... Not much if anything...So not to sure on the XR/F6 increase...(did have the GT dyno'ed at MRT and they believe it may have made a small KW/Tor increase of about 2-3 KW's)...The filter in the Fords seem to have more airflow then that which was in the Suby... Suby's was very think and restrictive... The F6's was very thin and seemed to free flow well enough... So not sure if it really did anything...Guess with the other mods you have it makes more of a difference then a stock F6... Edited 08/06/08 01:05 PM by smicky
castro7 rob327 Member 227 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD Posted 08/06/08 01:29 PM Author Posted 08/06/08 01:29 PM (edited) I neglected to mention that I already have the f6 intake... that's all the engine mods...As far as pics go:pic of a filter... ( I'm not opening the air box up again ) it lives inside the standard airbox.... so everything looks stock.. nothing to see here seargent...http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/components/com_...825bb41ef74.jpgAnother happy customerhttp://photos-497.ll.facebook.com/photos-l...803402_8011.jpg(this was actually when I installed the F6 snorkel, you dont need to remove the air box at all to replace the filter) Edited 08/06/08 01:32 PM by castro7
castro7 rob327 Member 227 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD Posted 12/06/08 09:47 AM Author Posted 12/06/08 09:47 AM 2nd drive since the new filter... Induction noise is so much more noticable.... even before boost, cruising casually...I actually opened the bonnet at point B today and double checked all the hose clamps to make sure air/noise wasnt escaping at some point...it might be tamed but it's new to me...
mercuryturbo Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer Legacy Donating Member 1,724 Member For: 20y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Fear and Loathing in Callala Bay Posted 12/06/08 10:40 AM Posted 12/06/08 10:40 AM I actually noticed more of a performance increase from my K&N than I did from my extra CAI's.
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 12/06/08 01:43 PM Posted 12/06/08 01:43 PM I'm bloody loving the induction sound of my K&N, and the fact that it's still the std zorst means I can hear everything; a symphony of suction!SWMBO asked if it should sound that loud, response was FUKC YEAH!!!
xr6tunv Member 47 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/06/08 10:31 AM Posted 17/06/08 10:31 AM I didn't notice any power gain when I put in the K&N. But I just installed the f6 snorkel and that's were I notice it. I agree with dilly, the sound of it sucking in with a half silent exhaust is crazy, it even amped up the noise in the bov. Even my boss was sitting in the car and was like 'woah what was that' when it started sucking, and that's pritty good seeming he owns a masserati. The combo is a simple, cheap and effective job for a quick mod with results. Luving it...what next..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now