XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/08 12:54 AM Posted 09/06/08 12:54 AM I know ninka did a little write up on how to get the dash out, when he did a dual zone CC conversion on his car. perhaps try searching through his threads.found it: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...c=26015&hl=
XR_Brute Member 120 Member For: 19y 6m Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 09/06/08 01:32 AM Posted 09/06/08 01:32 AM wheres meadowbank? Ive dont more airmix shafts and HIM's than I can remember and Id be glad to offer my services....
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/08 05:01 AM Posted 09/06/08 05:01 AM you may be able to clear a few things up for us then brute. if I can hear the motor going and temp doesn't change, that'd be the mixer shaft hey?but no sound at all if probably a knackered him right?cheers!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 09/06/08 05:20 AM Posted 09/06/08 05:20 AM It was suggested that I 'burp' the system. Meaning I drain the system again and refill with the motor on and the heater and fan on full, in order to open the heater hoses etc...In a single zone heating system the core is always open so the above doesn't apply in this case.
YLD-11Z Member 178 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 09/06/08 05:30 AM Posted 09/06/08 05:30 AM Guys I need some helpI have an 03 xr6T, about 110 kays. I recently serviced it doing an oil change, oil filter, air filter, coolant flush and refill.Only mods are a 10 psi stage 1 custom tune, I always run the 8 psi stage 2 though.After the service, the heater stopped working!! The fan works fine, A/C is fine everything really is perfect accept it will not blow warm air.It was suggested that I 'burp' the system. Meaning I drain the system again and refill with the motor on and the heater and fan on full, in order to open the heater hoses etc...Have just tried it this afternoon, no success.Guys I could really use your expertise and advice on this one.ThanksYeah mate I would check your heater core
mercuryturbo Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer Legacy Donating Member 1,724 Member For: 20y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Fear and Loathing in Callala Bay Posted 09/06/08 05:42 AM Posted 09/06/08 05:42 AM (edited) Does anyone out there have an 03 model with a "working" heater???I sure as hell dont! Edited 09/06/08 05:45 AM by mercuryturbo
lost my account details... Member 25 Member For: 18y 4m 6d Posted 09/06/08 07:36 AM Posted 09/06/08 07:36 AM you may be able to clear a few things up for us then brute. if I can hear the motor going and temp doesn't change, that'd be the mixer shaft hey?but no sound at all if probably a knackered him right?cheers!xr06tthat's the case with me, no noises = HIM stuffed grrrrrrrrrrr
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/06/08 10:20 PM Posted 09/06/08 10:20 PM if this problem is so common, I would be asking Ford to foot the bill. Obviously the heating mechanism is not of merchantible quality. Heaters should last much longer then 4 or 5 years, it's not like they have such a hard job to do.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 10/06/08 12:47 AM Posted 10/06/08 12:47 AM you have a good point but it was so hard to deal with them when the car was under warranty, I really dont want to have to go back there!I'd actually rather attempt to take dash out with no beers than go down there!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now