Doolz Member 55 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/05/08 02:51 AM Posted 20/05/08 02:51 AM HeyI have just got some PBR brakes for my car. After speaking to PBR directly, they do not sell the parts individually. I wanted just the front but they will not supply it to their retailers anymore. Well I have called around and managed to find some parts for the front only. I got the red sports calipers and a set of 325mm slotted and drilled disks. If anyone knows where I can get a set of braided hoses for the front, it would be appreciated. Hopefully all the stuff will be here by the weekend and I can hopefully throw a few picts up next week. I am going to paint the rear calipers red to match the front. No change in brakes/ pads or disks.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 20/05/08 02:55 AM Posted 20/05/08 02:55 AM I know Repco used to stock the braided lines individually, you might be able to find a store with some in stock. Alternatively speak to Race Brakes, they would be able to source you something.
Guest Guests Posted 20/05/08 11:19 AM Posted 20/05/08 11:19 AM www.bcrbrakes.com.au/babfbrakes.htmSpeak to Adam
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 21/05/08 06:30 AM Posted 21/05/08 06:30 AM www.bcrbrakes.com.au/babfbrakes.htmSpeak to Adam I got all my stuff through Adam, who could get me pretty much anything I wanted in any combo. Plus he's super helpful and gives members good prices to boot. I ended up getting just the front PBR performance calipers off him, some DBA 4000 series slotted rotors as well as braided lines for front and rear.
ingsy Member 4 Member For: 18y 6m 1d Posted 22/05/08 09:29 AM Posted 22/05/08 09:29 AM I got all my stuff through Adam, who could get me pretty much anything I wanted in any combo. Plus he's super helpful and gives members good prices to boot. I ended up getting just the front PBR performance calipers off him, some DBA 4000 series slotted rotors as well as braided lines for front and rear. How much did that set you back?I'm looking at the same set up for mine.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 25/05/08 11:39 PM Posted 25/05/08 11:39 PM How much did that set you back?I'm looking at the same set up for mine.Can't remember the total, but I paid the prices advertised on his website (which is listed above, but you can click here to have a look).
Doolz Member 55 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/05/08 03:15 AM Author Posted 26/05/08 03:15 AM I just got the brakes installed on the weekend. Due to me hurrying and not reading the instructions, I threaded the brake line screw insert in the calliper. I tell you what, I was not a happy chap for doing that. Anyway, I called a mobile mechanic who rethreaded it for me. Since they were the brakes and did not want to do it again, I asked him to fit it and he did it for $250. The majority of the time was threading the calliper and cleaning it out. Any way, its all on my car and looks sweet.....
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 26/05/08 03:36 AM Posted 26/05/08 03:36 AM Awesome mate! now you just have to bed it all in properly I guess.Which brake pads did you end up using?
Guest Guests Posted 26/05/08 03:47 AM Posted 26/05/08 03:47 AM I bought the complete PBR upgrade kit from Adam at BCR Brakes and will be fitting them on Wednesday.Hopefully it will make a significant difference and open the door for some more mods
Doolz Member 55 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/05/08 03:54 AM Author Posted 26/05/08 03:54 AM I used the brakes that were supplied with the callipers. I am bedding them in, well at least for the first 200kms. Cant wait until I thrash them
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now