Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 15/05/08 12:31 PM Posted 15/05/08 12:31 PM I would like to know the internal specs of the Hybrid cores, because I have heard that they are different from the typical Monza cores, but yeah can't comment until I have compared. Pat what boost do you make at that power level and what are your inlet temps by the end of the run?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/05/08 12:37 PM Posted 15/05/08 12:37 PM never checked the inlet temps mate so I can't help you there, but the boost hits 15psi spike, then goes back down to 13 to make 340rwkw
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 15/05/08 12:42 PM Posted 15/05/08 12:42 PM Some good power for that boost. From what I have seen out of the monza core the inlet temps are getting to 55degrees C at the end of a dyno run where typically a PW stage one wont push past 35deg. There is a big difference in there when you consider that the PCM is pulling heaps of timing due to the higher inlet temps of the Monza core.
EXR6T Member 224 Member For: 19y 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 01:17 PM Author Posted 15/05/08 01:17 PM as long as it performs a little bit better than stock I'm happy. even if I can just reduce inlet temps by a bit then its done the job I was looking for.and if I get a little more power (5-10rwkws) and if boost comes on smoother or sooner, and if it sounds a little better, then that's just a bonus to me.im not chasin the type of power you guys are after, with a stock fuel pump and standard BA bottom end, I wouldnt be game enough.for $550 with piping etc I think I got a good deal.
BTA Motorsport Member 54 Member For: 19y 5m 13d Posted 15/05/08 11:18 PM Posted 15/05/08 11:18 PM I will put it in a easy term absoloute junk,I tuned a car yesterday with a Monza cooler charge temps were out the roof,every time I see 1 with a Monza cooler and I tune charge temps are out the roof,dont recommend them at all.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 16/05/08 12:08 AM Posted 16/05/08 12:08 AM They got the point they work to, but that point is usually a lot lower than what most people want out of the car.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/05/08 01:55 AM Posted 16/05/08 01:55 AM I'm in agreeance with BTA & Fatsex. The Monza/Wog and Hybrid coolers have their place - its just not really above 300rwkw. I have a wastegate actuator on the way, but will be upgrading to a rapid cooler to match my piping, maybe plenum later in the year.
EXR6T Member 224 Member For: 19y 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/05/08 02:07 AM Author Posted 16/05/08 02:07 AM that's why I went with the hybrid one. because I'm definately not chasing past 300rwkwsat most im really only going to aim for 260-270rwkw by the end of all my mods, until I upgrade the bottom end and the T5 to a T56 I wont bother aiming for more.I just want a smooth reliable ride, and I think the hybrid cooler will help do that with the custom piping more than the stock cooler, and like I said that's all im after.thanks for all the info guys.
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/08 08:09 AM Posted 16/05/08 08:09 AM never checked the inlet temps mate so I can't help you there, but the boost hits 15psi spike, then goes back down to 13 to make 340rwkwI dont know how you guys are getting that much power from a standard plenum and those intercoolers. Let alone that other guy with the ute at 366rwkw. I have p/w plenum I/c 60lbs pump 3.5 ex etc, and have 340rwkw. Why ? I might as well have kept the std plenum and got a monza.
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/08 08:31 AM Posted 16/05/08 08:31 AM I dont know how you guys are getting that much power from a standard plenum and those intercoolers. Let alone that other guy with the ute at 366rwkw. I have p/w plenum I/c 60lbs pump 3.5 ex etc (std turbo), and have 340rwkw. Why ? I might as well have kept the std plenum and got a monza.Dont get me wrong, I love my p/w and other mods heaps and know they have big potential. Maybe fuel ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now