tquarrell Member 181 Member For: 22y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 10/04/08 10:15 AM Posted 10/04/08 10:15 AM 13.3 for the G6E on 95 ron sounds pretty believable and impressive to me. Run 98 ron fuel and you should gain a little more power (guessing at most 15-20 kw) which with good tyres could definately see 12's standard once run in. Also, can anyone confirm the times for the 7.0 commodore? I thought they'd be at least 1/2 a second quicker (12.2 or better).Can't wait to take a G6E for a drive, luxury, performance and straight six smoothness/refinement. Thinking I might have to get me one...
HUSTLER Member 663 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Location: Broken Hill Posted 10/04/08 10:34 AM Posted 10/04/08 10:34 AM 15 to 20 kw?? maybe 1/2 to 3 kw!!
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 11/04/08 02:23 AM Posted 11/04/08 02:23 AM I'm not disrespecting the VEs at all, just the Magazine times. I'll rely on real times, not the mags. Were the VEs stock, were they SS or HSV? Also, they were 13.7, not 13.4. And you just confirmed what I have been saying. The Ford 'real world' times are almost always quicker, but its the oposite for the Expensive Daewoo boys.Credit where credit is due, the latest generation Dunnydores and Falcoons are pretty damn quick (I never actually said one was faster than the other), but this all started when someone started using Magazine figures as Gospel, when my point is that they are less reliable than the NSW state Government.you can shut up now.
luckyboyd Member 55 Member For: 19y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/04/08 05:56 PM Posted 11/04/08 05:56 PM Man, what a spaz thread this has turned into. I think we should all get back on our medication.
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 11/04/08 10:34 PM Posted 11/04/08 10:34 PM Drive.com have just done live testing.xr6t and GE6t have run 5.1 0-100km and a 13.4 1/4, with air-con on.officially the fastest OZ production car ever to date, faster the HSV GTS.
HUSTLER Member 663 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Location: Broken Hill Posted 12/04/08 02:19 AM Posted 12/04/08 02:19 AM Hate to burst anybody's ford bubble but the commy GTS badge 300 about 3-4 years ago run 13.3 stock. VX Model??? it was a production car.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 12/04/08 04:55 AM Posted 12/04/08 04:55 AM I think he means the 0-100kmh of 5.1 being the fastest australian car.
7MA61 Member 471 Member For: 19y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/04/08 12:07 AM Posted 14/04/08 12:07 AM Hate to burst anybody's ford bubble but the commy GTS badge 300 about 3-4 years ago run 13.3 stock. VX Model??? it was a production car.Auto Hsv GTO ran 0-100 in 4.99 seconds in motor a few years back too.
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/04/08 06:32 AM Posted 14/04/08 06:32 AM That time was only ever acheived once. Probably had more rwkw than what it should have had as the other GTS's did 5.2's+.Anyway we'll see when the comparo comes up!
SSbaby Member 12 Member For: 18y 5m 16d Posted 17/04/08 11:29 AM Posted 17/04/08 11:29 AM F6 = if 310kw is correct, I would be guessing torque figures will be around 575nm +. In that case I think a 12.9s is possible with a 0 - 100kmph in 4.9s. I hope that's an acurate guess because if so HSV would be sh*tting them selves because the LS7 (7.0l with 370kw is supposed to run a 12.7 1/4 mile and a 0 - 100 in 4.7s) which isnt much faster than a 310kw FORD for half the price.What do you think?Absolutely!If the 7.0L W427 is 'only' capable of 12.7s (claimed) then the F6 will definitely pose a few headaches for HSV. Similar (or better?) performance for only half the cost.HSV need to do more than just slap in a GM crate motor and add "Powered by HSV" stickers in the engine bay! As much as I love the GM V8s, the new FPV turbo 6 almost renders the V8s pointless. And yes it hurts to say that!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now