R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/02/08 02:04 PM Posted 25/02/08 02:04 PM I'm sorry but I'm having trouble understanding why Etheridge Ford is in on this 1300nizpro thing.I mean, the assistant sales manager at Ringwood told me my F6's turbo ran at 3psi when I test drove it. And he used to drive one!I mean, for f*ck sake! He doesn't know the boost pressure of an F6 and they're a sponsor or partner in a Nizpro release... C'mon!P.S. Can't wait for this....
XR_Brute Member 120 Member For: 19y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 26/02/08 07:00 AM Posted 26/02/08 07:00 AM I work at a Ford dealer as a tech in service, and ill tell you now, guys in sales, and in spare parts know sweet F.A. about the product they sell, theyre always running into the workshop to ask us mechanics Q's
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/02/08 10:03 AM Posted 26/02/08 10:03 AM I think Senna would agree with that!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/02/08 10:12 AM Posted 26/02/08 10:12 AM Don't get me started! that's a pretty big generalisation mate, maybe your dealership employs idiots in the sales dept.?How about all the stories about cars with pipes left un-done, screwdrivers in the engine bay or footwell? I could go on...
Felix Large Member Member 564 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Location: Brisvegas Posted 26/02/08 10:34 AM Posted 26/02/08 10:34 AM I don't know whats its like at ford senna, but at Expensive Daewoo we used to get every man and his dog coming in trying to out do you in some little bit of knowledge to do with the cars, so I used to make it my goal to know EVEYTHING that I could about the cars, mainly crapadores... seemed the tossers were only interested in them... go figure Felix
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/02/08 10:46 AM Posted 26/02/08 10:46 AM (edited) you're right, it does happen, you just have to be clever about it - I'll give you an example of a guy who thought he knew what he was on about: Guy comes in looking at a bit of everything, mostly hanging around FPV's, so I go and say hi and he proceeds to tell me that he is thinking about one of these, but second hand. Fair enough... So we get talking and he apparently has a BA XR8 and he is putting a supercharger on it and reckons he'll get around 300atw. Again fair enough, now this was the day after a member here - Superpursuit83 - came past on his road trip and dropped off a dyno sheet of his tune with the kenne bell PD charger, so I show the guy the chart and he proceeds to tell me that he's "not too keen on Bluepowers work" and this is obvious because he pointed to the bottom of the sheet and said "yeah, you see? his IT's should have been way higher for that power - around 51-52 is much better..." After recovering, I asked him why anyone would want an Intake Temperature of around 50 degrees? Obviously the conversation didn't go much further than that...I know, I know, long post off-topic.... Edited 26/02/08 10:48 AM by senna_T
XR_Brute Member 120 Member For: 19y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 27/02/08 06:41 AM Posted 27/02/08 06:41 AM Don't get me started! that's a pretty big generalisation mate, maybe your dealership employs idiots in the sales dept.?How about all the stories about cars with pipes left un-done, screwdrivers in the engine bay or footwell? I could go on...Your right, you see, the dealer I work at has 2 branchs, the one I work at is rated around 5th in the region (includes about 50 dealers I think) for service but round 40th odd for sales (this is all based on customer feedback letters that get sent out) but our other branch is rated 35th or close too it in service but fairly high up in sales....
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/02/08 06:45 AM Posted 27/02/08 06:45 AM it doesn't matter where it is or what its doing - there always has, is and will be idiots, if you don't take em too seriously, you'll live alot longer!
XR_Brute Member 120 Member For: 19y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 27/02/08 06:58 AM Posted 27/02/08 06:58 AM spot on.... I take very few people seriously, including myself
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/02/08 06:58 AM Posted 27/02/08 06:58 AM Here you go ladies - your very own thread to
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now