zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 19/02/08 05:38 AM Posted 19/02/08 05:38 AM Well what a sh*t of a day I have had for the ute. I thought nice day might go for a drive wash the ute and take some photos. So driving along the highway nothing around except for this small little f*cking bubble car and WHACK a big rock got flung straight into the windscreen and cracked it. So straight to the windscreen place to repair. $$ later I went and washed the ute and as I got to the front ............ and well what do ya know a broken f*cking driving light.">So bugger the photos putting the ute in the shed, giving it a polish and wrapping it up in bubble wrap and only driving around @ 3 in the morning when every one is in bed.Have a nice dayGlen
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/02/08 06:00 AM Posted 19/02/08 06:00 AM That's farked - sorry to hear buddy.There's only one solution
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 19/02/08 06:18 AM Posted 19/02/08 06:18 AM Everytime I see that happen I say to myself "better get some fog lamp covers from spare parts" 2 years later, still no covers
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 19/02/08 06:20 AM Author Posted 19/02/08 06:20 AM That's farked - sorry to hear buddy.There's only one solution On my third already
Felix Large Member Member 564 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Location: Brisvegas Posted 19/02/08 06:22 AM Posted 19/02/08 06:22 AM I had one of those days yesterday... got waterproof sealer all over my neoprene seat covers... I rang mum and asked her 'how do you get something that is waterproof off something that is waterproof?' I drive to work at 3am its great, I can highly recommend it. Apart from the getting up at 230am bit.Felix
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 19/02/08 06:27 AM Author Posted 19/02/08 06:27 AM (edited) I did start @ 5 so on the road at 4am but the boss thought it was a good idea to start at 6am now. So more trucks to dodge and weave around Yeah great fun bring on the stone chips.Oh and bugger about the seats Edited 19/02/08 06:28 AM by zx6rblue
Felix Large Member Member 564 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Location: Brisvegas Posted 19/02/08 06:42 AM Posted 19/02/08 06:42 AM One of the downsides of being a grubby tradesman, I must have sat in it somewhere then spent an hour driving home rubbing it into the seat! On the plus side when I took it off the seats look in great shape and I had a plastic cover from my last service sitting behind it so I slipped that on. that's the problem with driving these things lots, I only do about 700 km a week, and the number of stonechips has gone up exponentially.Felix
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 19/02/08 06:44 AM Posted 19/02/08 06:44 AM and its even worse when the car is black pretty safe to say the next car won't be black...
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 19/02/08 08:11 AM Posted 19/02/08 08:11 AM (edited) These are the sort of reasons behind me buying a cheap car to run to work in! I now leave the Mini and the T Ute at home in the shed undercovers! Edited 19/02/08 08:11 AM by hanra
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 19/02/08 09:57 AM Posted 19/02/08 09:57 AM To quote Forest Gump 'Lifes like a box of chocolates'Makes you want to cry. I treat my ute like a baby and hold my breath every time I overtake a truck(twice as much chance of rock strike from them buggers) Travel every day down the south coast of sydney on the Hume Highway and a lot of re surfacing going on at the moment. got to stay far enough behind everyone but far enough in front of any traffic that could overtake you and send up the stones. Cheers, GG
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now