bk284 Member 101 Member For: 19y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Illawarra Posted 30/04/08 11:02 AM Posted 30/04/08 11:02 AM I am thinking about fixing this problem myself but does anyone have the part number neded for the air mix thingy. Man this is not going to be fun, I dont even know the name of the part lol.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I bet I end up with 50 screws left over.Thanks Brendan
Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Location: Phillip Island Posted 30/04/08 12:24 PM Posted 30/04/08 12:24 PM This just happened to me too - build date May 03.It stopped working on Saturday but worked again on Sunday and stopped working again today. Kinda weird if it's a snapped shaft if it works occasionly.. Different problem perhaps?
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 01/05/08 01:02 AM Author Posted 01/05/08 01:02 AM I have read on another forum that the HIN (heater module) can crap out.. its a electronic gizmo in the passenger kick panel, and is a coupla hung for a new one. that could be your problem if it is intermittent. cant say I have tired mine again, might just leave it on super hot that way if it works at all I'll notice!
lost my account details... Member 25 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 25/05/08 11:12 AM Posted 25/05/08 11:12 AM Damm the same issue has just occurred to me. Wife reckons it stopped working after I steamed cleaned the car, coincidence I reckon. Trying to work out if I have knocked a hose or something off, cannot find anything at this stage, so it may be an issue in behind the dash.Anyone have any luck getting it fixed out of warranty, covered by Ford. My car is less than 4 years old and done stuff all kays.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 26/05/08 02:47 AM Author Posted 26/05/08 02:47 AM sh3p got ford to go halves out of warranty, I havent asked.
lost my account details... Member 25 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 26/05/08 11:08 AM Posted 26/05/08 11:08 AM When I swap from hot to cold air should I hear any noises, think I read somewhere where I should here noises whereby it is trying to change from one to the other. When it was working, I paid no attention to any noises.....
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/08 12:49 AM Author Posted 27/05/08 12:49 AM even though mine is broken I can still hear it sucking when I move the dial. its pretty quiet, but turn the ign to on (without starting it) and you should be able to hear it!
lost my account details... Member 25 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 27/05/08 04:24 AM Posted 27/05/08 04:24 AM When I swap between cool and hot I cannot hear any sucking noises at all, come to think of it I think when it was working, maybe there was a distinct noise when swapping over.Maybe mine is a hose issue then, not electronics or mechanical? Wife did say it did stop working after I steam cleaned the car, coincidence????Cheers
lost my account details... Member 25 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 30/05/08 02:07 PM Posted 30/05/08 02:07 PM My heat has stopped and has never come back on, ie not intermittent. Anyone know wot it may be? HIM? I can feel the "rod" and it is not broken, should this move when swapping btwn hot and cold, coz it doesnt move it all. Maybe the cogs inside the HIM is broken?Cheers
lost my account details... Member 25 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Posted 01/06/08 11:22 AM Posted 01/06/08 11:22 AM When I swap btwn hot and cold I dont hear the "sucking" swapping motion. Any hear this when I tutn the ignition on. Is this pointing to anything in particular?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now