djmickyg Member 31 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/02/08 11:35 AM Posted 15/02/08 11:35 AM I'm looking for a new clutch atm, and it seems like the Exedy clutches aren't that good. I spoke to the guys at Nizpro the other day and they reckon the Exedy clutches have fixed up some earlier problems and now they will be good for my 300rwkw'sJust wondering if anyone has had one installed recently and been happy with it?
xr6turbo8u Member 31 Member For: 18y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: SA Posted 15/02/08 11:42 AM Posted 15/02/08 11:42 AM try a mal wood clutch
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 15/02/08 12:15 PM Posted 15/02/08 12:15 PM I had 300rwkw for well under 12 months and destroyed my Exedy. I got a Mal Wood opt 3 and it is beautiful. Around $1350 I think and wont get much better for that money.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 18/02/08 09:46 PM Posted 18/02/08 09:46 PM Got one Hevy duty button and its sweeeet
Joey Member 182 Member For: 19y 6d Gender: Male Location: Australind, WA Posted 18/02/08 09:59 PM Posted 18/02/08 09:59 PM I got an Exedy twin plate fitted a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of my next round of mods. Clutch was about $1500 all fitted. Feels pretty good at the moment. Bloke who fitted it rekons it will hold 350-380RWKW fine. Time will tell, once I get around to fitting all my gear and getting a tune. So far, it feels good though.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 18/02/08 10:11 PM Posted 18/02/08 10:11 PM mick, you have driven my ute & you know how nice it feels + the shifter is heaps better than stock!As I said, I did a quick search & can't find any comments (positive ones anyway) on them. Mal Wood is well known around here so you will find that people will suggest his products.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 18/02/08 10:51 PM Posted 18/02/08 10:51 PM my mal wood opt 3 came with an exedy clutch plate.
djmickyg Member 31 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/02/08 11:09 AM Author Posted 19/02/08 11:09 AM Starting to get some mixed resonses now.. revheadrobbo : they are a cushion button yes?? I don't want to full button.Scriber: Yours did feel nice, yes. I wont be getting the shifter so I dont need worry about thatI can get the exceedy installed for the same price as just buying the mal wood kit without installation. Joey: how much power are you running ATM?decision decisions.
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 19/02/08 12:57 PM Posted 19/02/08 12:57 PM Try Trextalia clutches they make a very good twin plate as well ... at a top pricepete
sargo Member 107 Member For: 20y 1m 1d Location: Brisneyland Posted 19/02/08 10:12 PM Posted 19/02/08 10:12 PM Don't piss around old mate, get a Mal Wood or buy the other clutch and then replace it in 3 months with a Mal Wood one....Choice is yours...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now