RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 12/02/08 03:22 AM Posted 12/02/08 03:22 AM would this sort of mod require a re-tune?Yes, it may cause boost to rise and spike
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 17d Gender: Male Posted 12/02/08 04:17 AM Posted 12/02/08 04:17 AM that's the bestThat is exactly what I was talking about!
Sasha Member 141 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: North Queensland Posted 12/02/08 05:07 AM Author Posted 12/02/08 05:07 AM Nice work... good to see some DIY action on here.As mentioned you want to get a better intake... intake temps will be huge no matter how good the intercooler is and it will lag big time.You should be able to knock up a CAI pretty easy... or even just run a 3inch flex hose around the battery and under the headlight... $30 and your done.CheersChrisThanks for the heads up Chris , I made the best of what I had.. Yeah and even used part of the genuine intake just to achieve the bend required to clear the bonnet. I have seen a few Xr's with the pod filter there and yeah I suppose when at idle at the traffic lights it mat be warm. But once your moving theres airflow through there and I dont agree that it has increased intake temps at all. but I wont know for sure untill I get it back on the rollers. It does dose up heaps and sounds mean as. The seat of the pants tells me the power has increased over the stock intake every time I get behind the wheel so theres no doubt there. Definite increase..
Sasha Member 141 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: North Queensland Posted 12/02/08 08:14 AM Author Posted 12/02/08 08:14 AM well done I say!!much flutter like a muzzed-out-pigeon!Man theres a whole flock of pigeons in there now.. or a turkey? LOL. Maybe the turkeys living where my airbox used to be....
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 12/02/08 10:28 AM Posted 12/02/08 10:28 AM Is your BOV plumbed back? if not take that little tube off the end.... When first fitting my plazmaman kit I didnt have a piece of pipe long enough and the Dose was f*cking stupid lol. Even just reversing 2 meters Dodododododododooooo....
Sasha Member 141 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: North Queensland Posted 13/02/08 08:53 AM Author Posted 13/02/08 08:53 AM I have taken the BOV off all together the other day with this new piping and yeah, it doses up like Habibs kebab runner with a fully sic tabouli tune.....uleh
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 13/02/08 12:12 PM Posted 13/02/08 12:12 PM Is your BOV plumbed back? if not take that little tube off the end.... When first fitting my plazmaman kit I didnt have a piece of pipe long enough and the Dose was f*cking stupid lol. Even just reversing 2 meters Dodododododododooooo....Hey mate, if you take the vac hose off the bov, it will start to open on boost, loosing power.
Sasha Member 141 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: North Queensland Posted 14/02/08 08:32 AM Author Posted 14/02/08 08:32 AM Nah I dont mess around taking off or blocking vac hoses, I have a blanking barb that goes on in place of the BOV.
coach3062 Member 91 Member For: 20y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: North west NSW Posted 14/02/08 08:35 AM Posted 14/02/08 08:35 AM But once your moving theres airflow through there and I dont agree that it has increased intake temps at all.Most of the air that is drawn in to your pod filter is ex-radiator, it must be at least 40deg c warmer than ambient air drawn from front of vehicle.
Sasha Member 141 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: North Queensland Posted 14/02/08 09:31 AM Author Posted 14/02/08 09:31 AM Well it works for me... I noticed the difference as soon as I drove it. A mate of mines a mechanic of nearly 20 years and he runs the same setup on his T. Like I said, it hasnt been back on the dyno since fitting the pipework but as soon as its done I will be sure to post the results. Cars making 260kw at the rears last tune, so we will see if power curve changes or intake temps rise Its due for the siemens injectors and a 300+ tune so it will be done soon enough.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now