Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
The stock exhaust is good to 350kw ,the cat is the restriction in the system and should be change out at approx 260kw +, plenty of other things to play with before you need to touch the exhaust.

320 is the limit of the exhaust with a flo'd cat, pushing past that just creates headaches!

  • 3 months later...
  • rob327
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD
Posted
maybe we should do up a member's starter kit...??

that'd be an awesome idea.... I spent about 4 days reading up on heaps of different topics... arriving basically at edit + f6 CAI = good value

lot of mods and options are only relevant to the 300kw+ club... im a few years off that

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted
I know it wont give more grunt

but apart from custom edit my favourite mod has been the whiteline adjustable sway bars.

improves handling on corners 100% on these tanks. IMHO

cheap and easy!

First mod I ever did and by far one of the best. The swaybars make the cars handle the way they should from the factory.

And Edit/custom tune for some more pace.

I.B.

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted

KN Panel filter - with the F6 snork...

Custom Map...

dont bother with the exhaust at this stage....

Bov - dont bother either...

Rim repairs... Virgin Wheel Repairs - best I've found so far... great no bullsh*t guys and quick repairs and reasonable prices... http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Virgin-Wheel-Repairs

Slid out and hit a high gutter in my GT totally wasted the rim... a few days later fixed, rebuilt, then (reduced) minor machining, repainted, over baked, balanced, then tyre refitted... quoted everywhere else at about 400$ as there was a lot of damage and I would still be able to tell that it was repaired... got it back from these guys and it was perfect... couldnt tell, and for $150..... (Thanks Chris at Parramatta Smash and the guys at West Ryde Smash for the recommendation...)

(two smash repairers recommendations enough for me to go with!)

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Ville
Posted

I have done the panel filter car is more responsive. also hit the boost Solenoid http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31329 it does work.

if you cant that BOV noise. look no further then bunnings I tryed to find the link but cant find it sorry. go and get a 4 pack of 1 inch 25mm chair end plugs cost $4. remove the hose connected to the Bov and u just pop the plug over the flange its a snug fit like it was ment to be there put the clip on as well. for the other side same thing.

but put a hole in the end I think mine is 5mm and put clip back on. and you will get the noise you are after I know its cheap but why not save you $220 and no loss in response just noise its not to load but you can hear it and there is not alot of gap so its not that easy to find. so if cops look they will pass over it. if you have a big bov the police would find its sticking out but I do feel cheap lol.

the next thing I am after is and edit and injectors.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...