IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 04/05/08 10:44 AM Posted 04/05/08 10:44 AM I did the same with my BA hanra but just got a BF dump and had a 3" cactco (5" body) welded in. Costs 370 though but flows 708 cfm apparently. Got my manual down the quarter in 12.22 :-)
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 04/05/08 10:51 AM Author Posted 04/05/08 10:51 AM (edited) Im not intending on changing the dump pipe. Wouldnt be able to find one up here anyways.... But I think that if I use this http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=275&page=1It should work ok with the stock system? It flows as much as the stock system anyway. Have you had your wastegate ported? that's a good time. Mines auto, all I care about is beating my mates Monaro. Edited 04/05/08 10:55 AM by hanra
groper Member 611 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Posted 05/05/08 01:07 AM Posted 05/05/08 01:07 AM talk to dave dude, ask him how far you should go with it.$$$ for mine, NFI as I got it with the full system @ $1400 the lot.The turbo porting costs $450 labour inclusive. again, talk to dave and see if its worth it with your little intercooler. Id say it probably is worth it IMHO.As for you mates monaro, he got no chance...
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 05/05/08 01:13 AM Author Posted 05/05/08 01:13 AM Yeah ive sent Dave a PM. Dare say he is away for the long weekend or out working. Ill wait to hear back from him. Gotta get it sorted, I head down there in 2 1/2 weeks.....
bf bionic xrt Member 19 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Posted 05/05/08 06:04 AM Posted 05/05/08 06:04 AM magnaflow 3" metalcat was use in brother inlaws bf typhoon with 60lb injectors std exhaust monza/wog cooler and fuel pump tuned to 306rwkw at 12psi good in my books
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 05/05/08 07:20 AM Author Posted 05/05/08 07:20 AM Geez, id be more then happy with that...! How do I tell if I have metal cat? The p/n is 54309M, M for metal?
bf bionic xrt Member 19 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Posted 05/05/08 07:37 AM Posted 05/05/08 07:37 AM that's the same cat and its a metal core I also run oneGeez, id be more then happy with that...! How do I tell if I have metal cat? The p/n is 54309M, M for metal?
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 05/05/08 07:42 AM Author Posted 05/05/08 07:42 AM Ok thanks, so I mite not have to trash this one just yet.
Erko Legacy Donating Member 1,079 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/05/08 07:55 AM Posted 05/05/08 07:55 AM (edited) Ok thanks, so I mite not have to trash this one just yet.Magnaflow has sh*t loads of different cats. They have a 3' cat with Metal cat which flows 570 CFM. This would be a good option however not sure where it is available in Oz. however this is a different cat to yours. http://performance-curve.com/index.asp?Pag...D=1212&HS=1The cat you have should still see you to 300rwkw however wont be any headroom in it. Edited 05/05/08 07:57 AM by RACEFPV
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 05/05/08 08:22 AM Author Posted 05/05/08 08:22 AM Im hoping that Magnaflow will get back to me in regards to CFM for this P/N. Ive had a few replies from dealers selling there gear, all have advised me to contact Magnaflow.... 300rwkw in reality is the max im looking for anyways.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now